Pre-1997 Models

Blown heads?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 11:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blown heads?

Changed out a cracked radiator....when i put the new one in and started it back up.......i notice while filling with water i noticed oil/water filling up thru the radiator.....and water leaking from the water pump some where on the bottom(i figured the water pump obviously to a dump).

The truck had overheated pretty bad before , but dipstick doesnt show any milkiness.

Can the transmission fluid and water mix if the water pump is bad?

Old 06-07-2012, 03:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Steeve is the truck a automatic? Is so there are 2 transmission cooler lines that run threw it to cool the fluid down.You might want to check your transmission fluid to check for milkiness if it is you mill have to do a transmission flush also.If you just replaced the radiator i hate to be the bearer of bad news but it sounds like you got a faulty radiator.Their is a small hole on the bottom of the water pump. When the water pump goes out water will start leaking from that hole. When you replace that water pump make sure to also replace the thermostat and flush out the cooling system.I would do that for a preventative maintenance since you are already going to be working with the cooling system.When you fill the system back up with coolant only use the 50/50 coolant. You can get it from Walmart for cheap.I will try to put uip some links and pictures to try and help you.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...939-174420.gif

http://image.fourwheeler.com/f/95608...in_coolant.jpg

In that picture last picture that is one of the cooler lines the other one is at the bottom. I hope all this helps. Hit me back up if you have more questions.

Quick Reply: Blown heads?