Pre-1997 Models

Help! LLots of oil in EFI upper plenum!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 11:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! LLots of oil in EFI upper plenum!

Ok guys I had an earlier post on my truck. I was driving down the road and it just started smokin like a frieght train. It also started knocking and pinging. I just started tearing down the motor (93 F150 supercab 2wd 5.8L 132k miles). All plugs are covered in oil some a little worse than others but all have oil. I pulled the intake plenum off and it was full of oil when I tipped it up at least a 1/3 of a quart of black oil spilled out the very back hole of the intake (where it connects to the manifold). I know that the pcv is right there but how the hell did that much oil get into that plenum like that???? I have already bought a new motor I am just looking for some ideas thanks again guys!

Old 02-21-2012, 12:58 AM
I know there is a TSB out for the EFI 302 and 351s about the PCV dumping oil in the last cylinder eventually causing it to fail. The newer (i think 96) have address this issue but its an easy retro fit. My bet would be that to beging with.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:57 AM
Old worn rings, blowby, and PCV vacume is sucking it in there. Sound like yo are due for the rebuild and/or the PCV may be stuck open and allowing too much flow. It is best to relocate the PCV so it evenly distributes to the whole plenum.

Quick Reply: Help! LLots of oil in EFI upper plenum!