Pre-1997 Models

XL Upgrade to XLT Doors

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question XL Upgrade to XLT Doors

OK..so first.. sorry... HiOSlvr has been parked mostly.. but now that the newest driver is on the road I'm back in the ol'girl and with usage comes repairs and of course UPGRADES ( well hopefully ).

Still never repaired the pass side from when the wife back down the side. But have found two doors ( silver even ) on a local craigslist but wondering if putting on the power doors will be a major pain in the rear?

Anyone ever pulled this one off? Starting to dig over the wiring diagrams but alittle worried about my trucks lack of wiring/relays.

Not really a huge power everything fan but the deal on the doors and the possibility of not having to paint anything is at this point too good to pass up.

OH... if it matters the doors are said to be from a 1992 vs my 1994.

Old 05-04-2010, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IIRC the wiring is there, so it should be plug n play. if the wiring isnt at the doors it should be at the main wiring harness under the dash.

Old 05-13-2010, 12:54 AM
I converted my truck from an XL to an XLT and I know I had to swap the entire wiring harness, I didnt see any wires for the power door and locks (which i converted back to the manual locks becuase the power set kept failing and then got to the point they wouldnt even lock anymore, and I have tooo much money is subs and stereo for all that nonsense) There might be wiring under the dash somewhere for the doors but im not sure, I wanna say there wasn't on mine but I could very well be wrong. I had to convert the whoel thing becuase i wanted cruise control and everything...which also failed within 1,000 miles so you tell me who had the pain in the rear haha. It's worth it in the end but if you do have to replace the interiopr wiring harness it plugs right into the fire wall just like the existing, everything is just the same but extra wires for accessories.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:53 PM
hmm, when we tore in to my friends 92 XL it had the wiring in interior for the PDL/PW all he had to do was run the wires through the door into the cab.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks for the responses..... trying to get the guy back on the phone to purchase/pickup.

Old 05-15-2010, 02:35 AM
Sounds like to good of a deal to pass up, even if it takes some work.

Quick Reply: XL Upgrade to XLT Doors