Pre-1997 Models

how much would be expected?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 02:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy how much would be expected?

Check engine light came on... went to a mechanic and said that an EKG valve or a "three letter" valve was going carowack and flushed it. He said one was high and one was low, and if the problem came back to bring it in again.
Also my sending unit and fuel pump went out on my main tank...about 300$ without labor, just the parts.
And lastly, the little clips that hold my squeegee window part on the inside to my door panel busted... I will probably have to get a new whole inside door panel for that.

Would anyone just throw out a number on how much a set of repairs of this magnitude MIGHT cost? mucho appreciato.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:50 AM
it will be cheaper if your able to do the work yourself. heres a site i use for my parts http://www.thepartsbin.com/ but if you go to the mechanic, it all depends on how long the truck sits in the shop and what all parts hes able to get, but my rough guess is maybe $700 but im not a mechanic

Old 04-25-2010, 01:57 PM
Buy one of these and a Haynes manual, or your mechanic will have you bent over so far you'll never walk upright again! http://www.handsontools.com/Equus-In...ol_p_5574.html With one of these, you'll know more about what's wrong w/ your engine that he will. It already sounds like that wouldn't be too difficult! I think he was referring to EVP sensor readings. Locate you nearest vehicle boneyard & request a LMC catalog from LMCtruck.com

Last edited by ymeski; 04-25-2010 at 02:02 PM.

Quick Reply: how much would be expected?