Pre-1997 Models

1993 f150 4x4 AOD tranny slips 1st to 2nd at hard stop and right corners

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1993 f150 4x4 AOD tranny slips 1st to 2nd at hard stop and right corners

ok lemme try to explain this a little better, my 1993 f150 drove great and shifted fine for 2 yrs, then over this last winter, the problem started. I figured it was b/c it was cold the fluid took a lil bit to warm up. Well when I would stop at the end of my driveway, the truck would rev up about 500rmp and act like it's in neutral. As I try to turn out of my driveway it would finally grab if I revved the engine a lil (like 200-300rpm more) and it would be fine all day after that. But it seemed to get progressivly worse, the past few months it's been slipping around right corners dominatly, and when I stop hard it seems to make the eengine rev like it's in neutral again (same thing as when I go around rights), till it thuds into gear.

I did everything: changed fluid and filter, added lucas trans slip stop (which is suppsoed to renew worn bands), CORRECTLY adjusted the TV cable (according to badshoeproductions.com), checked for leaks, anything and everything I'v tried to fix this slip. I even tried the Seafoam Transtune, it seemed to me to ake the tranny work better. I drove it for like 25 miles llike that, with the seafoam transtune in it, and it SEEMED better, so I changed the fluid again, and got mecron V and more lucas. With no avail after I changed out the Seafoam and put int he new mercron V and lucas slip stop, and still had the SAME problem. So I bought another Seamfoam Transtune and put it in (the whole pint) last night, drove it this morn, and had hardly any problems shifting, honestly it worked 90% better (slipped once goin straight through a light when I hit the gas more than 1/2 way down, and was a lil slip). My fluid level was inbetween the dots on the transmission dipstick (the normal area) before I put in the transtune, now that I put int he seafoam the fluid is in the crosshatched area alittle above the top dot. I don't understand what the Transtune could do over the lucas, I thought the thicked the fluid the better the grip, I am stunned at how th etranstune worked. I don't know if I might have a leak in my Valve body gasket, making the fluid level have to be higher to work right.

Quick Reply: 1993 f150 4x4 AOD tranny slips 1st to 2nd at hard stop and right corners