Pre-1997 Models

351w h code 4bbl

Old 03-12-2009, 12:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 351w h code 4bbl

I have an 85 f150 4x4 c6 h code 4bbl. it has 36,000 original miles. i know... but the miles have been confirmed with dealer repair reciepts... i recently had a problem with mid range power. changed the carb to 4160 holley. cap, rotor, plugs, wires, ignition mod., volt reg., brake booster, egr valve, exhaust (true duals w/turbo muff.) looking to remove the smog pump and all of the charcoal canisters and the multitude of vacuum lines that completely disguise the engine. has anyone done this? or have any opinions or tips as to doing this?

Old 03-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had an 85 f250 with one of these 4 bbl 351 in it with a C-6 trans,
it ran drove awesome and not even rusted out either

i ended up trading it to a buddy who junks cars and metals at the shredder for a '92 bonneville with 3800 and 4T60E and he took the truck to the shredder.

gone

no body would buy it or wanted anything to do with it. i tried for months to sell it outright.

not desireable at all

guess thats why not many '80s or older fords exist

here anyways,

removing the smog equipment isnt going to make any difference in the problem you have

it will be purely cosmetic only

you need the charcoal canister to soak in the raw fuel fumes from the fuel tank and carb bowl

no point in removing them unless you want free floating fuel vapors under the hood and such in which is not very safe or recommended..

the smog air pump system if it is in good condition and working fine then theres no real reason to remove it either.

the only time i ever remove it is if the lines are rotted or the pump is locked up etc.

good luck!

Last edited by easterwabbit; 03-13-2009 at 01:48 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 351w h code 4bbl