Pre-1997 Models

Seats for '89

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2000, 08:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97 being the newer style? No the bolt patterns are completely different. You might look for the 40/20/40 split bench. IT is a attractive and confortable seat. You didn't state whether your 89 was a Xlt or the XL or Custom. I have the cloth Flight Bench in both of my trucks, and I have been fairly happy with them. The newer seat will be expensive, so you may look for another older style seat, and rebuilding it.

[This message has been edited by Pastmaster (edited 01-18-2000).]

Old 01-19-2000, 12:00 AM
Question Seats for '89

Does anybody know if '97-up seats will fit in the old style trucks? I'm rebuilding a '89 4x4 and the current seats are less than desireable. Also if anybody knows any good places to get seats would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 01-19-2000, 10:50 AM
Thumbs up

Thanks, Pastmaster. I knew the bolt patterns were different, but I thought that maybe on a slight offchance I could put the old mounting hardware on the new seats. As for the trim level, Mine says its a custom, but has a lot of options that suggest otherwise. The previous owner told me that it was a fleet truck for a petroleum company in Beaumont, TX before he got and they took XLT trucks and modified them into customs with crap seats and plastic floors.

Old 01-23-2000, 08:11 PM
Why not just get your existing seat re-done, if you want to stick with a bench seat? Here in Clovis, NM I can get my '91's bench seat restuffed and reupholstered for about $160. (Hopefully with firmer stuffing!)

-Mike

Old 01-24-2000, 05:35 PM
Hey Mike, is your Supercab seat the split back, meaning the bottom is a solid piece and the back is split in the middle? when you have yours rebuilt, make sure the back on the drivers side is flat. As the seat gets wear, the back will round, like the curve of a human back. Very uncomfortable.

Old 01-27-2000, 09:14 PM
The front seat is split in the middle--funny design of Ford's. No trouble with bending yet. The fellow who had the truck before me must have been pretty heavy though to make the seat sag like it does... :-) I'm getting FIRM stuffing when I have this thing restuffed--like the way my '98 seat felt.

-Mike

Quick Reply: Seats for '89