Pre-1997 Models

93 F150 Transfer Case Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 03:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93 F150 Transfer Case Problem

Hey guys, i have a 1356 BW Tcase and i'm having problems with it switching to 4 low. Does anyone have any idea of what may be wrong? It seems as if the transfer case motor was not shifting. It shifts to 4 hi right away but it doesnt shift to 4 low at all. I'm thinking about replacing the entire tcase with a lever one, not electronic. Suggestions, ideas, comments?

Old 07-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by omarb
Hey guys, i have a 1356 BW Tcase and i'm having problems with it switching to 4 low. Does anyone have any idea of what may be wrong? It seems as if the transfer case motor was not shifting. It shifts to 4 hi right away but it doesnt shift to 4 low at all. I'm thinking about replacing the entire tcase with a lever one, not electronic. Suggestions, ideas, comments?
You say it is electric. Most likely your problem will be somewhere in the electrical system. Could be the switch on the dash, or the motor itself. Test both.

Or like you have already mentioned, replacing with a manual t-case will solve this problem forever.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:55 PM
have you tryed shutting the truck off in neutral and let it sit for a few seconds then try to shift it then start it back up?

Old 07-17-2008, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by Matts ford
have you tryed shutting the truck off in neutral and let it sit for a few seconds then try to shift it then start it back up?
the problem with this is that the transmission that i currently have is a performance built C-6, not the E4OD that comes stock with these trucks (which i have for sale) and i'm not sure if it will work since it's not the tranny that's supposed to be there. damn sure wont hurt to try though. i'll try it out and post.

Old 07-28-2008, 03:59 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
gonna ask the obvious question

are you in park/neutral when you are trying to switch to 4x4Lo? and is the truck completely stopped? there are 2 logic switches that prevent 4x4lo shifting when >3 mph or when truck is in gear

Quick Reply: 93 F150 Transfer Case Problem