Pre-1997 Models

Right Blinker not working...sort of.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 02:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Right Blinker not working...sort of.

Alright, it is time I figure this problem out as this is about the only one left. I'm guessing the no reverse lights is because of the switch on the tranny, but onto the more important problem.

Left side, front and back, work normal. Stay on low filament, turn L blinker on, they flash from high to low, like they should.

Right side. Front light is stuck on the high filament. Rear is on low. Turn R blinker on, the rear will light up to the high filament, but won't flash. I'm guessing this is because the front bulb is stuck on the high filament. I can manually make the rear light flash by turning the blinker on and off.

Turn the hazards on, every light flashes like normal, except the front right light which is stuck on the high filament. Here the right rear light flashes, but not when I use the blinker.

The FR has the correct bulb in it. I have checked the wiring and everything I have seen this far looks to be OK. Any ideas?

Old 07-03-2008, 08:10 AM
uhhh, did you try switching out the bulb with a known 100% working one say the FL?

Sounds like the filaments are crossed, like the high one broke and got caught on the low one and welded itself there....unless you tried changing the bulb and still get the same problem.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:06 PM
Yeah, I forgot to add that to the list. I have bought 3 sets of bulbs, and have put all 6 in there, and I have switched the FL to the FR and vice versa.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Crap in the socket?
Broken socket?

Old 07-03-2008, 03:23 PM
Nope and I would think no. The light comes on?

Edit: Just went out and messed with it. Turn the hazards on and all 4 blinker lights flash. The RF light is flashing, but on the low filament. If I turn the lights on, it lights up on the high filament. If I turn the blinker on, it lights up on the low filament and won't flash. Sounds like somehow it is backwards?

Last edited by roushstage2; 07-03-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 08:15 PM
did it always do this or is it a new trick? If it used to work, it's almost got to be the socket. If it's always done this it could be either socket or wiring.

Use your multi meter to check the wires and the pins in the socket and compare them to the other side. Could a previous owner have "fixed" it and gotten the wires crossed.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:30 AM
IIRC, it worked before and just stopped working correctly one day. I just never bothered messing with it because I was always fixing or tuning something up. I have finally finished everything, now onto the little things. I won't rule out the socket though, it is still the original one. I didn't think the socket could be bad, but still work.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Right Blinker not working...sort of.