Pre-1997 Models

Need help bypassing the clutch safety switch

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help bypassing the clutch safety switch

'92 F150 4x4, 5.0, manual transmission. I hate the clutch safety switch. I don't like having to get in my truck to crank it when I'm working on it. I like reaching through the window and cranking it without having to get grease all over my seat. Anybody know how to bypass the clutch safety switch? Yes, I know why it's there, but I'm not in the habit of leaving my truck in gear and forgetting about it. Thanks for the help. -Al

Old 05-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i know this isnt specific to your vehicle, but on my mustang you can see the little plunger on the the top of the clutch pedal, find yours and maybe when working on the vehicle just put some tape over it as a temp thing or maybe a wire jumper to close the circut, personally i would only use this while working on it then reconnect /untape when finished , just as a safty issue.

Old 05-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by selbona
'92 F150 4x4, 5.0, manual transmission. I hate the clutch safety switch. I don't like having to get in my truck to crank it when I'm working on it. I like reaching through the window and cranking it without having to get grease all over my seat. Anybody know how to bypass the clutch safety switch? Yes, I know why it's there, but I'm not in the habit of leaving my truck in gear and forgetting about it. Thanks for the help. -Al
Why not just get a remote starter switch and hook it up to the starter solenoid when working on the truck and needing to crank the engine?

Old 05-05-2008, 08:07 AM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
I don't recommend it, but find the clutch interlock switch under the dash at the top of the clutch pedal lever, and jumper together the red/lt blue wires.

Adrianspeeder

Quick Reply: Need help bypassing the clutch safety switch