Pre-1997 Models

Help with Fuel deliver problems

Old 04-18-2008, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Fuel deliver problems

First off thanks for any and all help, The Problem Im having with my 95 f-150 (dual tank) XLT standard cab is both fuel pumps went out simultanously. At first they would only run for a few seconds, now they will not run at all. I purhased a new fuel pump and plugged it into the connector, got nothing. When I checked the continuity I also had nothing, I checked the ground, the only ground I can find is on the rear last cross member and is in the tail light wir harness,and it was good, the only way I can get the fuel pump to work is to hot wire it strait back from the fuse panel. Ive replaced the relay, and fuses. Im at a loss, the onlything i can narrow it down to is the switch on the dash but that wouldnt stop both tanks would it?

On a side note: My F-150 was a swap job, pulled the inline 300 out and dropped a 5.0 down in it. all stock fuel pump and lines.

Thanks,
PJ

Old 04-18-2008, 08:03 PM
Use your multi-meter to find the problem. Trace it in order

When you fisrt throw the ignition switch do you have power at the signal pin?
Have you got power at the relay on the power in pin?
Have you got a good ground at the relay?
Have you got power out of the relay?
Is the inertial shutoff switch made? If not reset it.
Have you got power in at the inertial shutoff switch?
Have you got power out at the inertial shutoff switch?
Have you got power in at the selector switch?
Have you got power out at the selector switch?

Wherever your first "no" answer is, the problem is between that point and the previous "yes"

Last edited by StrangeRanger; 04-18-2008 at 08:05 PM. Reason: error in original text
Old 04-19-2008, 11:20 AM
I went through the entire fuel line elctrical system, had nothing like previously mention. I started my truck to let it run for a few and burn out all the junk build up from a year of setting, After shutting off the truck to call it a nite I noticed my hot wire going to the aft fuel tank pump had come off, so out of curiousity turned the key over the fuel pump worked with out my hot wire? Im bedazzled but not complaining, it seems to be working fine any way thank you for the help!

PJ

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help with Fuel deliver problems