Pre-1997 Models

New guy

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 02:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New guy

Hi, If you cant tell from the threads title im new here. I just bought a 1994 F 150 Enforcer. It needs a little work but in time i will have it on the road. It was road worthy but needs a few things to be certified. Nothing major. Im not really interested in the whole tuner scene or whatever its called for trucks. But i will be doing some work to it. Its a little countryfied from the original owner. So some of these things will be taken off and sold? i guess if they are worth anything. Will also be looking into any recall ford may still be honoring.

Will post pics up soon. Any interesting info is greatly appreciated.

Plans for this truck:

Belt buckle must be changed
New tire for the front
Needs one leaf spring and spacer
Removal of steps on side as well as handrails, and that little visor thing that hangs over the windshield.
Also will most likely doing a body and paint job on it this summer. The rear quarters are getting bad and will do a temp fix on it till i can afford to change the box.

Parnelly

Old 03-16-2008, 03:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
hiya and welcome

Old 03-16-2008, 03:26 PM
Welcome

Old 03-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome! Sounds like a fun truck.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:45 PM
Ok i said i would hook up a couple pics, so here they are. You will notice in the pics the things i would like to remove. (steps, handrails and visor thingy)

There it is, in all its slightly rusted sun ****ed glory.

Old 03-17-2008, 10:53 PM
give me a price on those steps and they are sold. Also i haev heavy duty leveling springs and shocks for the front of your truck. Its all brand new im trying to sell for 170 plus w/e shipping cost. Everythign was over 250 when i bought it, let me know if your interested..

WELCOME by the way

Old 03-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Heh Heh, i dont know man. What do you think they are worth. They are absolutely of no worth to me so selling them is definitely good for me. As you can see im a civic guy so i have no idea what this stuff is worth. Its also one of the reasons im not interested in any tuning/customizing of this vehicle. Ill save that for when i get my next civ.

Make me an offer, we'll take it from there.

Also im not too familiar with trucks at all so i dont know what it is your selling? Enlighten me a little on this and maybe we'll talk.

Old 03-21-2008, 11:44 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Howdy and welcome!

Don't worry about computer tuning, can't really do it. These trucks need old school style power mods.

What motor? Tranny?

Adrianspeeder

Old 03-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Ya, you can't plug in a little computer and press a button and presto! get 20hp on these trucks like you can with rice burners.... but the drivetrain will be running long after the civic's motor is fried. Like you said, if you want to "tune" your car, buy a civic, not an F150
Not bashing rice...I ride a Yamaha snowmobile and love it, but that's probably because American sleds suck so bad in comparison.

The moonvisor(b/c of the marker lights) I'd keep, I find the one on my truck to be pretty good at reducing glare when driving into the sun.

You'll probably want to start with a fluid check/change. People tend to do alright with changing the oil, but often the tranny, t-case(if 4x4), coolant, P/S and axle fluids go overlooked. How old is the battery(check the sticker on top)? If it's more than 5-6 years old, you're on borrowed time from my experience. I'd make sure it's mechanically sound and spend money there before I'd go buying a new box and making it look pretty. Chrome doesn't get you home...

I got a recall for the cruise control module in the mail like a year ago, but the dealer has yet to get the replacement part in stock.

The 300 (inline-6 4.9L) motor is among Ford's best and runs like a top pretty much forever. Has surprising torque due to a long stroke. Puts about 160hp, 260ft/lb that peaks at a low RPM, like 1800 if I remember. Easy to work on since it sits in a V8 sized bay.

The 302 (V8 5.0L) is one of Ford's crappier ones. It has absolutely nothing in the low end and thus is a dog off the line or with a load. It's like 175hp, 270ft/lb, but it doesn't put that out till almost 3 grand or something.

The 351 (V8 5.8L) is another good one, been around since the '68 Mustang if Wikipedia is correct. It's a beefy motor, and the mileage shows it. Expect about 12-13mpg highway. 200hp,300ft/lb that peaks at just over 2k RPM. Ideal for towing and if you have a regular cab, pretty decent punch off the red light.

If it's an automatic, it's probably the E4OD. Good tranny, no big inherent issues. Fresh fluid/filter made mine shift much smoother, though the reverse is a little slow to catch.

If it's a manual, it probably has the M5OD mazda box. These are a bit finicky, ensure you use the right amount of the right fluid. They were known for a weak input shaft, but running any stock motor should be OK.

Old 11-24-2011, 08:22 AM
Cant believe i stumbled across this place again after so many years.
Im still driving this f150 and very much enjoy it. Most of the things ive set out to do have been done.

Changed belt buckle
Replaced rear spring
new upper and lower tie rods both sides
new shackles and shackle mounts
new rad
new battery
new front suspension mounts
new oil pan
new tires
Last week all 4 shocks replaced
This week new front gas tank.
Removed bed liner
Also set out to do the body work at one point but never got painted. Unfortunately that has led to more rust.

Ill try and get some pics up of the body work and current pics. Bit busy now though in the middle of a move.

Old 11-24-2011, 10:38 AM
Here's some pics of when i had done some body work.

Unfortunately my camera is packed so ill have to wait to upload current pics.

Old 11-24-2011, 10:52 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Keep up the good work!

Old 11-24-2011, 11:04 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Welcome back!

Quick Reply: New guy