Pre-1997 Models

Truck is in trouble

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 07:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truck is in trouble

Hey guys I think my truck is about to die, its been running rouph for a while now
and the other day I stopped for gas, when I started it up, it stalled out right aways.
That was the first time it has ever stalled since I've owned it. Now today I was sitting with it idling for about ten minutes, I went to leave and now there is a ticking noise fairly loud sound like it's coming from underneath the truck rather than a wheel, only ticks in gear not in park, and seems to stop when it gets past 30-40km but from a dead stop everytime or when going slowly, it ticks pretty fast, if I let off the gas it imediately stops, anybody have an idea where I should start?

plus my tranny fluid dont look so good either figure since that is expensive and out of my league probably something to do with it

95 f150 xlt 2wd

Old 02-18-2008, 09:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can change your t-fluid by disconnecting the transmission line at the radiator, connect a plastic line to it and put it into a large jug. Start the truck and let 4 or 5 quarts run out then start putting trans. fluid in. Buy 2 cases of fluid and keep putting it in until it looks clean don't let the transmission run dry it takes 12 to 15 quarts in a Transmission with over drive.Good luck

Quick Reply: Truck is in trouble