Pre-1997 Models

Headers on a 93

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 04:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headers on a 93

wondering If anyone has installed headers on a 93 F150...

I seem to be confused about shorty headers and full size....

I thinhk I want the shorty, because from what I understand it will be a direct bolt on...

Thanks

Old 04-16-2006, 01:11 PM
not sure on trucks, but I know on my Camaro the shorties would have bolted up right where the stock manifolds were w/o much to mess with. but the long tube design was so much of a pain I took it to an exhaust shop to do it, plus hook up the Borla cat back and fab a new y-pipe with hi-flo cats. I would imagine shorties would be the same here. I plan to do shorties on my 5.8L 1993 to maintain torque as I am trying to see how a dual rear exit would work. also, shorties I have been told, are easier to do on 4x4's.

Old 04-22-2006, 08:22 AM
I put shorties on my 94' 5.8L and they are a direct bolt up (sort of ). If you are looking to keep your current exhaust and help your truck breath a little better shorties will help. If you want to maximize breathing / power go with full length.

Old 04-22-2006, 10:03 AM
Shorties and full length both produce basically the same HP gains at higher RPM. The shorties produce way LESS at low to medium RPM. If you're looking to improve your towing/hauling capability go with the full length.

The shorties are a bolt-on though, and the full length take some fabrication.

Old 04-24-2006, 09:46 AM
if you are wanting to do a dual exhaust or just putting a better system on the long tubes may be good for you. if you're looking for something that can bolt right in get the shorties. not sure what brand is better for Ford trucks but make sure they are a reputable company, and opt for ceramic coating to help keep the underhood temps from soaring. also, get good quality gaskets and locking bolts.

Last edited by Colorado Dave; 04-24-2006 at 09:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Headers on a 93