Pre-1997 Models

how to disconnect slave cylinder hose?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2006, 11:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to disconnect slave cylinder hose?

how do i disconnect the slave cylender hose? im trying to drop my tranny, and this is being a pain in the butt.

also, how do i get the shifter out?

thanks for any help

Old 02-21-2006, 12:23 PM
taking the shifter out you can either remove it form removing the bot plate inside your cab ' just remove it and you will see the transmission from there grab your wrench and start tugging. the bolt is a shim so when you got the nut off the bolt grab a hammer and tapp it out. If your talking about the hose that is attached from the clutch master cilynder to the slave (this is the only one i know of) if you notice you can move it in and out just abit, by pushing it in and taking a flat screw driver push it up and wedge the screw driver in there the pull back' carful not to break anything, i use a bit of pressure and pop shes out ' yes this tends to be a pian' GL:o

Old 02-21-2006, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by Garbar
taking the shifter out you can either remove it form removing the bot plate inside your cab ' just remove it and you will see the transmission from there grab your wrench and start tugging. the bolt is a shim so when you got the nut off the bolt grab a hammer and tapp it out. If your talking about the hose that is attached from the clutch master cilynder to the slave (this is the only one i know of) if you notice you can move it in and out just abit, by pushing it in and taking a flat screw driver push it up and wedge the screw driver in there the pull back' carful not to break anything, i use a bit of pressure and pop shes out ' yes this tends to be a pian' GL:o

thank you so much man... that solves my problems...

Old 02-21-2006, 11:13 PM
awsome, tranny out

Old 02-21-2006, 11:25 PM
nice a good feeling !!!

Quick Reply: how to disconnect slave cylinder hose?