Pre-1997 Models

Cab Lights for F-150?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2005, 06:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Cab Lights for F-150?

Hi, Im new to this forum. Im 17 years old and drive a 95' F-150 4x4. I would like to put cab lights on my truck,
I was wondering if anyone knows where i could buy a kit, I cant seem to find any for my model year.

Well thanks for any ideas, and nice to meet ya'll...

Ashley

Old 11-25-2005, 08:34 PM
JCWhitney, they got a website and a catolog, i also got a LMC catalog either way they both got lots of goodies for your truck, you could also try a junkyard, i hope you realize that they are very hard to install tho.

Old 11-25-2005, 09:39 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the "basement" of the forums!

Whoa! Female? 4x4? Redneck? PENNSYLVANIA??? My luck would be you not being single... lol

Anyhoo, your gonna want to order a free catalog from www.lmctruck.com

You sure you want clearance lights? They came stock on my powerstroker and about everyother time I look at 'em I wish I didn't. To me it breaks up the "line" goin over the top.

If your dead set on havin clearance lights, may I suggest instead of the somewhat tedious job of installing them with simply a lighted visor. I have the non lighted version on my 92, but not much difference looks wise.

Adrianspeeder

Old 11-26-2005, 03:41 AM
Originally Posted by adrianspeeder
I have the non lighted version on my 92, but not much difference looks wise.
I've got a question for you, did you notice any loss in gas mileage, or in freeway performance after adding that visor? I've often wondered about that with those, but the only folks around here that have them speak spanish, which I unfortunately do not. I like the visor idea, it just looks like it would slow the truck down. What were your findings?

Thanks.

Old 11-26-2005, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the info...
I have always wanted to put the clearance lights on my truck i really like the look of them.

Seems like putting them on isnt an easy job....how hard are we talking? Also...how much easier would the visor be? I like those also.
Are they alot more expensive?

Ashley

Old 11-26-2005, 12:12 PM
You have to strip out the headliner, mark and drill the roof, touch up the raw metal edges and install the lights and wiring harness and seal the roof holes. The harness runs down the RH windshield post, then it gets complicated.

To put them on a 95, you're going to have to find the proper connector to plug into. It's located behind the RH cowl panel; it's grey in color and has 2 connectors. I'm not sure how much you have to disassemble to get to it, but it's probably a lot. To get a "plug and play" harness, you might want to consider buying the harness from Ford and making your own splices at the lights as necessary.

All in all, it's a lot more work than it's probably worth.

Old 11-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by PKRWUD
I've got a question for you, did you notice any loss in gas mileage, or in freeway performance after adding that visor? I've often wondered about that with those, but the only folks around here that have them speak spanish, which I unfortunately do not. I like the visor idea, it just looks like it would slow the truck down. What were your findings?

Thanks.
Prolly does hurt the milage if you would test in a windtunnel or something, but these rigs are just rolling bricks anyway so it doesn't really matter. Plus mine having a 302 + a M5OD, I don't drive for fuel milage. IE: Wind out them gears to 5K...

Redneck,

Heck of a lot easier to go the visor route. Just drills and bolts on, and you only would have to worry about one wire.

Adrianspeeder

Old 11-27-2005, 01:15 AM
i got a visor on my 93 (bought it with it on) but i have had problems with it leaking, which the guy i bought the truck from was a dipstick. but i love the look of it and like having the lights on it. if i had a truck with out it i dont think its worth the effort of puting one on for the issues you could have. plus my paint is a little faided so the colors dont match, another thing to consider.

Old 11-27-2005, 11:39 AM
No leaks on mine, so that was an install screwup 78...

Adrianspeeder

Old 11-29-2005, 09:28 PM
dont put a visor on a truck, it looks retarded, even though it makes my truck that much better looking when its near a truck with one on it.

Old 11-29-2005, 09:52 PM
Originally Posted by 92f150302
dont put a visor on a truck, it looks retarded, even though it makes my truck that much better looking when its near a truck with one on it.
Nice well thought out constructive post...

Quick Reply: Cab Lights for F-150?