Pre-1997 Models

1995 F-150 FlareSide... Slow from stop, I mean really slow to get moving!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 03:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 1995 F-150 FlareSide... Slow from stop, I mean really slow to get moving!

From a dead stop, my '95 FlareSide 5.0 is extremly sluggish. I can floor it and it will not brake traction. (good for the tires) But once it hits about 30 mph, I can keep up, or pass the best out thier. What's the deal?

I have bean building drag and circle track cars saince I was 11 or so with my father and grandfather, and I currently race 1/8th mile. (no 1/4 mile tracks around here) So I am not compleatly stupid when it comes to my vehicals, but I am at a loss on this on.

My buddy has a '83 Chevy with a 351 built, on the launch he quickly gets a 2 truck lead, but by 55 mph I am cathing and passing with a gap of one length at the 1/4 mile.

Old 10-28-2005, 06:32 AM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Howdy and welcome!

First pull the codes to see if something stupid is causing it. Here is the procedure. http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=13

When was the last time for the change of a fuel filter, cap, rotar, plugs, and wires?

And what is the rear end ratio? The code for the axle is on the door jam sticker.

Adrianspeeder

Old 11-01-2005, 12:26 AM
Originally Posted by adrianspeeder
Howdy and welcome!

First pull the codes to see if something stupid is causing it. Here is the procedure. http://fordfuelinjection.com/?p=13

When was the last time for the change of a fuel filter, cap, rotar, plugs, and wires?

And what is the rear end ratio? The code for the axle is on the door jam sticker.

Adrianspeeder
Hi, and thanks.

I bought the truck 3 months ago, changed filters (fuel, air, trans, cabin) new cap, but I have not yet put in the plugs and wires I bought. lol I should do that huh. lol

The rear is a 8.8 one wheel wonder, (crap I tell you) not sure the ratio, 3.55 probally, I'll check the code for you and re post.

Do you think it may be my tranny? It is auto (first auto EVER lol) but it does not seem to slip, shifts pretty good for 134,000 miles.

Thanks for the help.

Old 11-01-2005, 06:05 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
8.8 for sure back there, but not all were one wheel peel. LS could be ordered.

Good plugs and wires make a world of difference down low on these motors. Change the rotar too.

Adrianspeeder

Old 11-01-2005, 11:45 PM
I will never understand why you would not make a LS manditory on a truck, the rear is so light, pluss if you evn remotly use a truck for what it is, stupid one wheel wonder! But yea thatnks, I'll through in those this weekend, see if that helps out.

Quick Reply: 1995 F-150 FlareSide... Slow from stop, I mean really slow to get moving!