Pre-1997 Models

Tonneau Cover

Old 10-04-2005, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tonneau Cover

Just purchased a 95 F150 Flareside with 36K. It has a black Tonneau cover. I dont know the age of the cover. However, my problem is...when i took it off, I can't get the thing back on. The snaps don't line up?.....Any thoughts would be appreciated on this problem.

I dont use the truck that much for hauling things...just the occasional landscaping job or trip to the dumps......

Old 10-04-2005, 12:23 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
I can't stand the fabric or vinal covers. The colder it gets the harder they get to put on too. Sometimes you can rotate the snaps to a "winter" setting, but it still doesn't really help.

I have this fiberglass Astro Truckcover on the diesel and love it.

Adrianspeeder

Old 10-04-2005, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you trying to put the cover back on the same way it come off? My first thought is that you may be trying to put the front on the back and visa-versa.

Not flaming anyone, but my personal opinion is that hard covers look darn nice, but cost an arm-and-leg, and if you need to remove it, I understand it takes 3 men, 4 boys, and a minimum of a 6 pack to get it off. Then, you are faced with where to store it. What about that casual shopping trip where the only plan you had was to look-see, and now you have some big beastie of a thing that you don't want to pay the $60 plus delivery on? So its back home, round up the 'gang', remove the cover, put it somewhere where it can't get damaged, back to the store just to find out that the warehouse workers have left for the day.

I use my truck as it was intended, and don't like the inconvience of not being able to put in the bed what I want, when I want. Give me a soft cover (Turxedo Low-Profile) any day of the week.

My dollar-2.98.

Back to the original. If it anything like my old cover, you should be able to loosen the snaps and slide them. Just put the cover loosly in position, then adjust the snaps in the rail as need to get them to line up.

Best of luck.

Larry

Old 10-04-2005, 12:50 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
I tow a gooseneck a few time a year, and it takes about 5 minutes with dad and I to take it off and lean it against the garage.

Adrianspeeder

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tonneau Cover