Pre-1997 Models

Front oil seal

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 02:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front oil seal

My 93 has gotten a pretty bad leak on the front main oil seal the truck has got 174k on it so i was thinkin of goin ahead and change the waterpump cause im sure it has a small leak and since it has to come off anyways but i was wondering if someone could tell me what else i would maybe need to change considering this truck has never had any engine work at all the engine is in really good shape just needs alittle TLC. thanks guys............

Daniel

Old 09-26-2005, 11:33 PM
Timing gears and chain

Old 09-27-2005, 01:40 AM
I would be willing to bet you could use valve cover gaskets as well. What engine do you have. Some wear out parts faster than others. If you got the 6 I would leave sleeping dogs lay and it will run forever. If ir is a 302, yank it out and put in a set of bearings. While you are at it you may as well put a set of valve stem seals in it cause you will find the originals in the oil pan when you change the bearings

Old 09-27-2005, 10:33 AM
yea it's a 302 the front seal is just where im gonna start my father bought this truck new and with his busy schedule he never fixed or had fixed the oil leaks he just put oil in and drive off but he never let it run low but thing is i know the front main and the rear main is both leaking oil i was thinking of starting on the front and working my way to the back but i think i will go ahead and change the timing chain and gears while its broke down thanks alot guys

Daniel

Quick Reply: Front oil seal