Pre-1997 Models

Help for performance on my 4.9L

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help for performance on my 4.9L

Yesterday I read the thread "How to get performance from an inline 6" and one of the replies was a website that I really liked but didn't save and now it isn't there. I am pretty sure it was in that thread but have looked for about an hour in the other threads and don't see the website listed. I can't remember the name (duh!!) of the site but remember that on the page it said something like make a 6 = 8 and was founded by a early NASCAR driver that drove I-6's. If anyone knows of this website I would GREATLY appreciate it. The site had everything to rebuild the 300ci, which is what I am looking to do over the next couple of years. Also, I have seen the post's on the superchips (and like) but was thinking of getting a programmer for my truck. Anyone done this? Results?

Oh yeah, she is a '88 F150 Regular cab short bed custom. EFI 4.9L I6, 5 speed manual.

Old 09-13-2005, 10:51 PM
The site you're referring to is http://www.cliffordperformance.com/ but forget about Clifford. Jack Clifford died a few years ago and the present owners of the company have little understanding of what they are about other than trading on the Clifford name. There is almost nothing which you can buy at Clifford that you cannot but for a lot less elsewhere. Summit and Jeg's both carry a lot of 6 cylinder stuff, as does PAW, they just don't catalogue it.

Old 09-17-2005, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the advice. I had looked through summit prior but that was before I had decided to rebuild this truck. The biggest part that I was looking for was the exhaust headers. Seems like no one has the dual headers that come on the truck or an improvement in them like all the V-8s get. Also, love this forum. I have been able to find just about every issue I have ever had here.

Brian

Old 09-17-2005, 11:00 AM
You should also take a look at the Big Six, Tech and Truck forums over at www.fordsix.com. Lots and lots of information over there.

Quick Reply: Help for performance on my 4.9L