Pre-1997 Models

Bad auto hub or wheel bearing

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad auto hub or wheel bearing

I found the grinding clunking noise on my 91 150 to be coming from the front passenger wheel. The rim and hub gets extremely hot after driving only a mile. I need to find out how to get the damn hubs and stuff off so i can check the wheel bearing to find out if that's it. Is there anywhere i can find stuff on the internet that shows this? Who else has had to replace wheel bearings or hubs here? I'm kind of lost at that stuff. I need to fix it asap because it's my only vehicle now, the tranny is gone on my ranger and i don't have any other vehicle.

Old 08-14-2005, 06:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did the wheel bearings on an 88' Bronco I used to have, I don't remember it being that bad. I gotta 4x2 now so I'm not as informed as I was before.
Wheel, caliper, rotor, cover, cotter pin and **** behind it, then bearing if I remeber.(it was 3yrs ago, its early in the morning and my Chiltons or Haynes manuals are parked about 1/4 away) I'm sure someone else will chime in with the right info, if not I'll reference the manuals and repost after some sleep, good luck.

Quick Reply: Bad auto hub or wheel bearing