Pre-1997 Models

95 Radio Removal

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 05:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 Radio Removal

How do you remover the radio on a 95 F-150, It's the AM/FM cassete player with the four holes in the face. I always thought you pushed some metal stock throught the holes to disengage the clips and the radio pulls out, but she ain't comming. Any help would be great.

Pat

Old 08-06-2005, 06:09 PM
Push harder.

There's a tool which you can buy at AutoZoo, etc for a couple of bucks. Myself, I just cut two pieces of coat hanger made U-shaped loops out of them and shoved them in. Push past the first place where you feel resistance on both sides, then wiggle the radio a bit it should slide right out

Old 08-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Hmm, That exactly what I did. I can feel the coat hanger disengage something, but she don't want to come. I guess I'll keep trying with the coat hanger and if I can't get it I'll get the right tool

Thanks

Old 08-06-2005, 09:04 PM
Originally Posted by Plandry
Hmm, That exactly what I did. I can feel the coat hanger disengage something, but she don't want to come. I guess I'll keep trying with the coat hanger and if I can't get it I'll get the right tool

Thanks

I just did it the other day. It took a bit of wiggling, but it came out. I used a thin screwdriver around the edges of the radio to loosen it and it popped right out. Just keep working at it and it will come.

Old 08-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
I have done it with four big nails, but it is sooooo much easier to spend the 3 bucks for the tool.

Adrianspeeder

Old 08-06-2005, 11:33 PM
The tool should have a stop on it to only let you go in about 1 1/8" also the two wires should be parallel.
Push them in with ends angled out some and when in about a inch move both out so that you push in on the clips. While holding pressure out pull the radio out.

Old 08-07-2005, 05:49 PM
Thanks guys, I got it out last night. I ended up taking the glove box out so I could get a good look at how the clips work. Once doing so I realized that I had to pull my coat hangers out a little bit and push outward on them to disengage the clips. She slid right out after that.

Quick Reply: 95 Radio Removal