Pre-1997 Models

1995 F150 Hubs

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 08:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 F150 Hubs

I've got a 95 F150 300 six, four wheel drive with auto hubs. I attempted to replace the front pads and rotors due to them squealing and being warped. After a lot of cursing I got the snap ring that holds the cap on off on the passenger side and pulled the hub assy out of. I noticed that I had some “extra metal parts” hanging around in there so at least the passenger side hub is junk. This leaves me with a couple of questions.

1) After I found the hub was junk I decided to continue replacing the rotors anyway, but I found the four wheel drive socket that I have to remove the wheel bearing nut and lock nut isn’t even close. What does the right one look like and is it available and affordable at say AutoZone or something? Also the rotor is just a press fit over the back of the hub and I do not have to pound out the wheel stud to replace it, Right?
2) I at least need to replace the passenger side hub and I heard that the auto hubs were crap anyway, so I figured that I would upgrade to manual hubs while I had the front end apart. I’m assuming that it’s a simple junkyard swap right? If so what years will fit?

Thanks for any help,
Pat

Old 08-01-2005, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The hub nut tool should be available from autozone, pep boys, etc for about $10-15. It's a 4 tooth design. The hub and rotor are 1 piece I believe, it's been awhile since I had my 95 apart.
I replaced my auto hubs with Warn Premium and have had NO problems..

Old 08-01-2005, 10:20 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
A warn manual hub kit is perfect for ya. You can go with the regulars for 70something, or the premiums for a bit more. I have had no problem with the regular hubs though. If you had the auto hubs with three screws holding them on you need a conversion kit too. Not a big deal.

Adrianspeeder

Quick Reply: 1995 F150 Hubs