Pre-1997 Models

Loss of coolant

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 09:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Loss of coolant

Hey guys on my truck it has a really small loss of coolant but its still gets on my nerves i know a pressure tester is recomended for findin theese leaks but thats just something i dont have access to does anyone know if like maybe autozone may have for for loan or is there any other way to pinpoint the leak without hours of watchin thanks in advance.

Daniel

Old 05-22-2005, 09:36 PM
i had a similar problem and i put some stop leak in it and a hose clamp on the over flow and it was fixed, id try some stop leak first

Old 05-23-2005, 12:12 AM
aight ill try that tomorrow thanks for the tip......

Daniel

Old 05-23-2005, 07:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by daniel3312
Hey guys on my truck it has a really small loss of coolant but its still gets on my nerves i know a pressure tester is recomended for findin theese leaks but thats just something i dont have access to does anyone know if like maybe autozone may have for for loan or is there any other way to pinpoint the leak without hours of watchin thanks in advance.

Daniel
If you have a Pep Boy's in your neighborhood, try this- I was able to get them to sell me the UV dye they normally use in their service bays to detect leaks. It's not something they normally sell retail, so it is not out in the open. The parts guy has to go find it in the back-- meaning you may or may not be able to get it. The part # was TP 3900 0601. This was in January, so who knows, the part # might have changed. The key is getting a parts counter guy who is willing to look. But it sure helped and it was only about $6. BTW, you'll need a UV light and those stylin' yellow glasses. I already had them for a refrigerant issue, but if you don't I wouldn't buy them at an auto parts store, they're expensive. I found them for about $15 at wal-mart. I hated to support walmart, but....

Old 05-24-2005, 12:11 PM
cool thanks im gonna get on that i got a friend that works there so i think i can get it pretty easy i hadnt thought about that but im about to go look into it right now....

Thanks for the info

Daniel

Quick Reply: Loss of coolant