Pre-1997 Models

I finally got to do it.

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 12:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I finally got to do it.

94 F-150 2WD 302, 3.55 gearset stock everything (Currently) 67K miles. Will probably never see off road.

Well I finally got the ok from my wife to order some 4" lift springs and shocks for my front end, I imagine I am going to have to lift the back a little to match the front after I get them.

So now the questions for the more experience.
1 - The questions I have, Will I be able to fit 35" tires under my truck on the stock rims? If not I guess 31s will be fine. Although I am considering a 3" body lift to (But thats another thread.)

2 - Besides the shocks and springs (And Alignment), What else should expect to have to replace to fit these springs in my truck? Aka: do I need to get a bigger control arm? Or will the springs and shocks fit ok without breaking things?

I have had the truck for about a year now, And am just exited to finally start tweeking this puppy out

Thanks for any help offered.

Old 04-17-2005, 01:48 PM
You will need the 4 inch suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift to fit 35's and even then the tires will hit the radius arms on turns without buying the extended radius arms. You will need blocks or lift springs to lift the rear. Sometimes you need extended brake hoses, but my stock hoses worked fine with a 4" lift on my '92. A good lift kit (that will retain good suspension and steering geometry) will include springs, shocks, dropped pitman arm, radius arm brackets, and axle pivot brackets.

-Jon

Old 04-17-2005, 02:53 PM
Thanks, A good 7" of lift sounds awesome. I am looking at a 6" lift kit on ebay that comes with the Arm extenders, The pitman arm, New hoses, and even a steering stabilizer, They want $480 + 45 s&h. Does this sound like a good deal.

After I do that I may go for the 3" body lift and see what the tallest tire I can get on it, From there. The only real thing that I really really want in the midst of all this is the truck to end up level. (My wife will probably kill me if I lift it to high )

Also I am thinking of going 3.73 gear ratio to help with the bigger tires, But that depends on how well or bad it handles with the 3.55, Obviously I am not looking to break neck takeoffs, lol.

MAybe someone can answere one more question for me, Is it the long tube headers or the short tube headers that help with lower end tork?

Thanks again
- John

Old 04-18-2005, 02:55 PM
Long tubes will be the best for low end. I'm looking to put a set on my 89 F150 302 as well so if you find a set for a good price pass it along. I personally like the Hooker SuperComps for drag car applications but haven't dealt with them in the truck world yet.

Quick Reply: I finally got to do it.