Pre-1997 Models

New Development of Jerky/ Dying Truck

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 03:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Development of Jerky/ Dying Truck

This is in addition to the information on my last post.

(Help!!!! I have no idea on this one guys. I have replaced the fuel pump, the pcv valve, anything that can be replaced I think has. It starts out running fine, after 10 minutes or so it starts to jerk, then finally dies. I hit the gas and that doesn't do anything. It just idles and dies. It is a 95 V6 4.9L.)

Ok guys..I have more information that might give someone some inspiration. When the AC is off the truck runs pretty good. No trouble with stalling or acceleration. When I turn the AC on its starts to run really rough and tries to die until I turn the AC back off. Also; the voltage indicator isn't rock solid. It waivers back and forth a little (not much), but when I turn the AC on it drops quite a bit.

What do you think?

Last edited by magsellie; 04-10-2005 at 04:13 PM.
Old 04-10-2005, 06:45 PM
My F-150 doesn't have A/C so i'm not sure exactly how its done on your truck but there should be some sort of an a/c idle up switch or a sensor that lets the computer know when the a/c is on so that the idle air control valve will open up a little further to compensate for the load of the a/c compressor. If it only stalls out when the a/c is on that would be something to look into.

-Jon

Old 04-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Thanks Jon,

I will go look and give it a try. Hey drink a Genny Cream for me!!

Quick Reply: New Development of Jerky/ Dying Truck