Pre-1997 Models

94 f150 heater core

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 11:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94 f150 heater core

Hopefully someone can provide some direction. I need to change out the heater core on my 94 F150 4.9L. My question is that there is some type of electrical box mounted in front of the Heater core access cover. Haynes repair manual doesn't have any detail about removing or disconecting this. Has anyone ran accross this before? Please advise.

Old 03-21-2005, 06:47 PM
heater core

all that you need to do in the engine bay is undo you heater hoses, simple yes but. now you will spend the next hour under the passanger side dash. best thing to do is remove you glove box and and start taking loose that "big black thing" which is all you heating and cooling ducts. then wiggle it out in just the right way. mine had to come down passanger side first then slide it along to floor board and out the truck. if you need more help autozone or napa should be able to print you out some better directions off of all data or mitchell

Old 03-23-2005, 02:36 PM
The heater core has an access cover located behind the gove box and once removed, the core can be slid out of the glove box opening.

Robbie

Quick Reply: 94 f150 heater core