Pre-1997 Models

Tach in 80-86?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tach in 80-86?

Hey, i've got an 85, 302, V8, auto...stock instrument cluster doesnt have a tach, just the gay azz blank gauge with no letters or needles on it. I went to the junkard last weekend and found another truck with a tach in it. i didnt get to yank it out and yank out another instrument cluster out of another f150 of that model to see if the tack instrument cluster would swap out or not. I was just wondering if anybody else did the swap and knows if it would swap right over into mine or not.
my buddy just put a tach in his 90 f150. found the same year but with a tach in the junkyard, and his plugged right in and worked. Just wondering if the same situation would apply for my 85 or not cuz ford made alot of changes in that amount of time

thanks for the help

Old 02-14-2005, 10:18 PM
I don't see why not. Most vehicles are pre-wired for several options that may or may not be on that particular vehicle. Plug it in and see if the tach works. I bet it will.

Robbie

Old 02-14-2005, 11:52 PM
a guy on FTW did the swap and he said i just have to take the wiring harness for the tach out of the truck i get the instrument cluster from, and its a pretty easy plug and play swap

i'll post up pics when i get to it incase anybody else wants to go for it ( i may be able to get more than one tach for the 80-86 if anybody is interested in one)

i'm going back to that junkyard the weekend after next

then come this summer....FULL custom gauge cluster...along with ford racing crate motor

Quick Reply: Tach in 80-86?