Pre-1997 Models

96 Daytime Running Lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2004, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
96 Daytime Running Lights

I want to delete the DRLs on my truck , is there anyway to cut them off other than clicking the e-brake down, it was pretty easy on my 99 but this 96 is different.

Old 05-09-2004, 06:30 PM
The '96 DRL assy not only uses a DRL module, it also uses a different multi-function switch which complicates the removal.

I'm looking at the EVTM for a 96 and it appears that cutting wire #12 light green/black AT the DRL module LH side of lower radiator support and before Splice 154 (near the left headlamp) will disable the DRLs. However, your truck has OBD-II. It may monitor the DRL circuit or you may disable soething else by cutting the wire.

I sympathize with your wanting to get rid of the damned things, but I thought it was extremely illegal in Canada to disable DRLs.

Old 05-09-2004, 06:45 PM
I'm not sure if its illegal, because its not part of the yearly safety inspection on the truck, I run aftermarket lights, which are hooked to a relay which is switched by the high beam, so whenthe DRLs are on i don't get full juice for the aftermarket lights and the relay, hums or vibrates and its a real apin in the ***, plus I have headlight covers, so the DRLs look kinda stupid

Quick Reply: 96 Daytime Running Lights