Pre-1997 Models

IAT Sensor location?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2004, 06:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IAT Sensor location?

I have a 1993 F150 with a 5.0. I was wondering where exactly is the IAT sensor on my engine located. I need to do some modding to it, but I am not sure which sensor is the right sensor. I found only two sensors that it could possibly be. One is on the left side of the throttle body, but not connected to it. The other is under the intake tubes and is directly connected to the throttle body. I think the latter is the correct one, but I dont know for sure. Can someone help? Thanks.

Old 04-30-2004, 08:19 AM
I have an 86, and it is located on one of the lower intake runners on the driver's side.

Old 04-30-2004, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the help. I will try to see if I can find it.

Old 04-30-2004, 06:49 PM
Ok, I cant find the sensor. I am not really even sure where to look. I dont know what the runner onthe intake is or what it looks like or nothing. I am not very adept in mechanics, but I am trying to learn. Can anyone help? Where is that dang IAT
sensor?

Old 05-03-2004, 07:50 AM
Okay. Stand on the drivers side of the truck, near the front, and look at the engine. The fowardmost cylinder, on the drivers side, is #5. Find the fuel injector that goes to #5. It will be at the end of a chrome fuel rail mounted to the intake manifold. Just to the left (forward) of the #5 injector, there will be a single red wire going to a sensor. That is the sensor for your temperature gauge. The same distance from the injector in the other direction (towards the back) will be another sensor, with a light green wire and a black wire (might be dark green, I don't remember). That sensor is the one you want.

Quick Reply: IAT Sensor location?