Pre-1997 Models

fords r gr8

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 12:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fords r gr8

Hey i have a 95 f-150 with a 302.............i was noticing that some of my friends go 2 web sites that are dedicated to there cars...........basically i was wondering if there was a web site/sites out there full of mods for pre 97 trucks.........thanks for your help.

p.s i am looking 2 make my truck fast here is what i have.......
FIPK( by the way i hate it...all it is is a big filter. they should at least replace the tube...just my 2 cents)
ELECTRIC FANS
i have the crapy AOD-E( so i had it built by jet and they say it can handle 500hp and 490 fpt.
aftermarket trans cooler and pan
any way this is what i think im going 2 get next.....
Headers
electric water pump
underdrive pulleys
and 100 shot of nitrouse(lol and dont get mad at me for this if u can think of somthin cheaper for 100 hp then fill me in.......superchargers are to much $$. any way fill me in on what u guys think......thanks alot.

Old 11-14-2003, 12:45 AM
Welcome Hemmer3b, those sound like some good mods your planning. I got a few mods done to mine so if you want some opinions just ask. Since I last updated my sig I have added longtube headers and ditched the cats. So if you got any questions just ask.

Old 11-14-2003, 01:23 AM
hey man thanks alot.........what kind of long tubes did u get?.......how hard where they 2 put on? did u have any clearence isues? i think im going 2 get shorties i know Gibson makes some for my truck and i think thorley is coming out with some but i dont know what kind i should get.......thanks for ur help its nice to talke 2 friendly ford people

Old 11-14-2003, 01:26 AM
o i forgot to mention that i have a jacobs egnition system and coil with jacobs coil wires.............i want to chip my truck but i have no clue what kind 2 get.........

Old 11-14-2003, 02:02 AM
If you want a chip the only way to go is with a Superchip from Mike Troyer www.troyerperformance.com (call him and tell him you are from here) He can help you out with anything you want to know about your truck. Mine runs 16.30s@81mph and I dont think that is too shabby beings as it was an 18 second brick stock. My longtubes are Dynomax Cermaic coated ones.....like $250 from Summit. They are great, they dropped my ET .3 and a consistent 1.5-2mph increase all in the 1/4. I had one clearance issue where one of the pipes on the passenger side was touching a part of the frame and it was making this vibration so I simply notched the frame a very small amount nad everything is fine. If you got any more questions just ask. BTW how are your electric fans and did you notice any power increase? I have been debating this mod. I want to run 15s with just bolts ons and I'm kinda running out of them lol. So E-Fans are in my future and I'm probably gonna sawp my 3.73 gears for some 4.10s (Should have done this in the first place)

If you have AIM you can messgae me Beastie5L

Old 11-18-2003, 11:29 PM
i Got a few pics of my truck....................ill get more when the sun comes out............tell me what u think

Old 11-18-2003, 11:30 PM
Old 11-18-2003, 11:31 PM
k i dont know how to get my thing on the post so...........if there is any way 2 check out my gallery u should do it! thanks

Quick Reply: fords r gr8