Pre-1997 Models

Temprature Problem...kinda

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2003, 11:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Temprature Problem...kinda

OK normally since I've had the truck the temp gauge would stay right around the N and O area in "Normal". The other day one of my fuses on the electric fan blew (because it was to small of an amp) so I replaced it with the right one but before I could my truck reached up to the "M", and since then that's where it sits, my e.fans are working properly, I replaced the Temp gauge sending unit (the one under the exhaust manifolds) and put back on my stock fan/fan clutch and resett he computer and it still went up to the M, so I put the E.Fans back on and brought it back up to the M then used a Infared laser thermometer and it was running at 210 degrees exactly...now with a 195 t-stat thats in there wouldn't that be perfect?

Now it's like the M is the normal running area, if I turn the A/C on full blast and go up hill the temp gauge ever so slightly moves up a tiny bit like normal.

So I guess in other words everythign is functioning fine just it kind of bugs me now that the needle is on the M.

(And before when it reached the normal running temperature it was at around 210, I remeber when I was adjusting my e.fans weeks ago)

Old 09-06-2003, 07:33 AM
Are you just sharing, or did I miss the question?

I couldn't tell you where my factory gauge needle sits because I never watch it. I always check my AutoMeter temp gauge. 210 is right where you want it, though, so as long as that's where it sits, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Take care,
~Chris

Old 09-06-2003, 11:30 AM
No question...was just more of a late night rant hehe

Quick Reply: Temprature Problem...kinda