Pre-1997 Models

Raising the truck:

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2003, 07:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Raising the truck:

Anyone have any sites with raise kits for our trucks? I remember someone posted a couple of sites with good prices.

Glad to be back here

Pete

Old 04-16-2003, 09:59 PM
never heard raise kits. i have always gotten good deals from www.4wheelparts.com

Old 04-17-2003, 12:14 PM
He's from Canada..........I believe he means, Lift Kits!

Old 04-17-2003, 07:17 PM
yea thats what i assumed, i like hearing some of the things they say but hey they say that about us im sure.

Old 04-17-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by wowbam
He's from Canada..........I believe he means, Lift Kits!
LOL! Pete, you are the one with the cool videos, right? When can we see more? I feel that the guys who advertise in the 4x4 mags are all worthy. Most of them have been around forever.

Old 04-18-2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by inski21
LOL! Pete, you are the one with the cool videos, right? When can we see more? I feel that the guys who advertise in the 4x4 mags are all worthy. Most of them have been around forever.
lol..Yeah I meant lift kit...but that whole Canadian thing came up. lol good times. Thanks for the link though! eh?!

I don't have any new video yet....I have a video on the net, and I think it has an extra scene in it..let me check....I don't have any new ones. Just the old one (http://www.telusplanet.net/public/morganpa/f150.wmv) Right click and download.

I'll put a new one up by Sunday.

One more question. Do you REALLY need to get new radius arms? whats the deal? Some kits have em, and other don't.

Pete

Last edited by Pete95XL; 04-18-2003 at 03:07 AM.
Old 04-18-2003, 07:47 PM
The lengthened radius arms allow for more axle articulation and bigger tires. They are curved inwards away from where big tires would be.

A standard 4" lift will look good with 33" tires, but thats about as big as you could go. The "performance" arms will allow big sneakers. A standard kit without arms just has drop brackets for your stock radius arms(and axle drop brackets and blocks or leafs for the rear).

So if you are off road alot get the arms, if not, don't bother. I'd look for the kits that include shocks

Trending Topics

Old 04-18-2003, 08:26 PM
The lengthened radius arms allow for more axle articulation and bigger tires. They are curved inwards away from where big tires would be.

A standard 4" lift will look good with 33" tires, but thats about as big as you could go. The "performance" arms will allow big sneakers. A standard kit without arms just has drop brackets for your stock radius arms(and axle drop brackets and blocks or leafs for the rear).

So if you are off road alot get the arms, if not, don't bother. I'd look for the kits that include shocks
THANK YOU! that is exactly what I wanted to know. I am doing a 4" kit on the truck. I am only doing it so my truck is a little higher so it will match up with warehouse loading docks a little better.

This is the kit I was looking at from JC Whitney:http://www.jcwhitney.com/item.jhtml?ITEMID=131802&BQ=tt it doesn't come with shocks though.

Pete

Last edited by Pete95XL; 04-18-2003 at 08:37 PM.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:56 PM
Not sure what all that lift includes.
I will tell you that we always had good luck from procomp lifts. everything is powder coat grey. they cost a little more but they also come with shocks. unless your doing heavy off road and i meen heavy you dont need the arms. ive got one i run 36's on stock arms it just scrubs at fill turn a touch. if your trying to meet up with a normal dock height 4inches wont get you there. ive got 6inch blocks 4inch body blocks and 4 inch helpers and its still not there, but almost.

Old 04-19-2003, 01:14 PM
Thats the most unusual reason for getting a lift kit I've ever heard

Old 04-19-2003, 01:51 PM
Thats the most unusual reason for getting a lift kit I've ever heard
don't hate me cause I'm different! lol

It'll actually make things a lot easier for me at work.

Pete

Quick Reply: Raising the truck: