Who You Are in Christ

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 10:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who You Are in Christ

I thought I'd share this with you guys. These are some reminders of who you are in Christ with scripture reference. These are from a men's conference I went to a while back hosted by author Neil T. Anderson, and are in his books "Victory Over the Darkness" and "Freedom From Fear". Print these out and read them out loud daily!

I’m Accepted In Christ:
I am God’s child (John 1:2)
I am Christ’s friend (John 15:15)
I have been justified (Romans 5:1)
I am united with the Lord and one with Him in Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:17)
I have been bought with a price; I belong to God (1 Corinthians 6:20)
I am a member of Christ’s body (1 Corinthians 12:27)
I am a Saint (Ephesians 1:1)
I have been adopted as God’s child (Ephesians 1:5)
I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 2:18)
I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins (Colossians 1:14)
I am complete in Christ (Colossians 2:10)

I’m Secure in Christ:
I am free from condemnation (Romans 8:12)
I am assured that all things work together for good (Romans 8:28)
I am free from any condemning charges against me (Romans 8:31)
I cannot be separated from the love of Christ (Romans 8:35)
I have been established, anointed, and sealed by God (2 Corinthians 1:21)
I am hidden in Christ in God (Colossians 3:3)
I am confident that the good work that God has begun in me will be perfected (Phil. 1:6)
I am a citizen of Heaven (Phil. 3:20)
I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7)
I can find grace and mercy in time of need (Hebrews 4:16)
I am born of God, and the evil one cannot touch me (1 John 5:18)

I Am Significant In Christ:
I am a branch of the true vine, a channel of His life (John 15:15)
I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit (John 15:16)
I am a personal witness for Christ (Acts 1:8)
I am God’s temple (1 Cor. 3:16)
I am a minister of reconciliation (2 Cor. 5:17)
I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realm (Ephesians 2:6)
I am God’s co-worker (2 Cor. 6:1)
I am God’s workmanship (Ephesians 2:10)
I may approach God with freedom and confidence (Ephesians 3:12)
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil. 4:13)

Who Am I In Christ:
I am the salt of the earth (Matt 5:13)
I am the light of the world (Matt 5:14)
I am a child of God (John 1:12)
I am part of the true vine, a channel of Christ’s life (John 15:15)
I am chosen and appointed by Christ to bear His fruit (John 15:16)
I am a slave of righteousness (Rom. 6:18)
I am enslaved to God (Rom. 6:22)
I am a Son of God; God is spiritually my Father (Rom 8:14-15; Galatians 3:26; 4:6)
I am a joint heir with Christ, sharing His inheritance with Him (Romans 8:17)
I am a temple-a dwelling place-of God. His Spirit and His life dwell in me (1 Cor. 12:27; Ephesians 5:30)

God bless you all

Old 08-02-2015, 04:25 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Really? You still believe in that fairy tale BS. I stopped believing in fairy tales when I was 6. Do you still wait up on christmas eve hoping to catch a glimpse of santa too? It just amazes me how many people go thru life with their head stuck in the sand. If you would just pull your head out of the sand and come up for air, you will realize that all religion, no matter the type is a joke.

Last edited by 05RedFX4; 08-02-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:48 AM
Originally Posted by Jesusfrk
I thought I'd share this with you guys. These are some reminders of who you are in Christ with scripture reference. These are from a men's conference I went to a while back hosted by author Neil T. Anderson, and are in his books "Victory Over the Darkness" and "Freedom From Fear". Print these out and read them out loud daily!

I’m Accepted In Christ:
I am God’s child (John 1:2)
I have been justified (Romans 5:1)
I am united with the Lord and one with Him in Spirit (1 Corinthians 6:17)
I have been bought with a price; I belong to God (1 Corinthians 6:20)
I am a member of Christ’s body (1 Corinthians 12:27)
I am a Saint (Ephesians 1:1)
I have been adopted as God’s child (Ephesians 1:5)
I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit (Ephesians 2:18)
I have been redeemed and forgiven of all my sins (Colossians 1:14)
I am complete in Christ (Colossians 2:10)

I’m Secure in Christ:
I am free from condemnation (Romans 8:12)
I am assured that all things work together for good (Romans 8:28)
I am free from any condemning charges against me (Romans 8:31)
I cannot be separated from the love of Christ (Romans 8:35)
I have been established, anointed, and sealed by God (2 Corinthians 1:21)
I am hidden in Christ in God (Colossians 3:3)
I am confident that the good work that God has begun in me will be perfected (Phil. 1:6)
I am a citizen of Heaven (Phil. 3:20)
I have not been given a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind (2 Timothy 1:7)
I can find grace and mercy in time of need (Hebrews 4:16)
I am born of God, and the evil one cannot touch me (1 John 5:18)

I Am Significant In Christ:
I am a branch of the true vine, a channel of His life (John 15:15)
I have been chosen and appointed to bear fruit (John 15:16)
I am a personal witness for Christ (Acts 1:8)
I am God’s temple (1 Cor. 3:16)
I am a minister of reconciliation (2 Cor. 5:17)
I am seated with Christ in the heavenly realm (Ephesians 2:6)
I am God’s co-worker (2 Cor. 6:1)
I am God’s workmanship (Ephesians 2:10)
I may approach God with freedom and confidence (Ephesians 3:12)
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil. 4:13)

Who Am I In Christ:
I am the salt of the earth (Matt 5:13)
I am the light of the world (Matt 5:14)
I am a child of God (John 1:12)
I am part of the true vine, a channel of Christ’s life (John 15:15)
I am chosen and appointed by Christ to bear His fruit (John 15:16)
I am a slave of righteousness (Rom. 6:18)
I am enslaved to God (Rom. 6:22)
I am a Son of God; God is spiritually my Father (Rom 8:14-15; Galatians 3:26; 4:6)
I am a joint heir with Christ, sharing His inheritance with Him (Romans 8:17)
I am a temple-a dwelling place-of God. His Spirit and His life dwell in me (1 Cor. 12:27; Ephesians 5:30)

God bless you all
Neil Anderson is a great author....love his books.

Our pastor at our church printed these out a while back and handed them out to put on your fridge or fold and keep in your bible.

Thanks for posting.

Old 08-03-2015, 07:01 AM
Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
Really? You still believe in that fairy tale BS. I stopped believing in fairy tales when I was 6. Do you still wait up on christmas eve hoping to catch a glimpse of santa too? It just amazes me how many people go thru life with their head stuck in the sand. If you would just pull your head out of the sand and come up for air, you will realize that all religion, no matter the type is a joke.
According to all major polls, the majority of Americans (70-80% but declining over the recent years) believe in this fairy tale BS as you put it. Have you ever thought to consider that maybe your head is in the sand? Based on your response, my guess would be, no.

How do you think you got here and where do you think you're going when you die?

Everyone has a faith...you either believe in what you've been taught (do you trust your teachers/material and have you studied it enough yourself to see?), what you've studied (are/were you open to seeing other possibilities?), just blindly following an idea/path (can you be open to seeing other possibilities aside from your own?), or your faith is in yourself/man thinking whatever thoughts you have about life (you have thoughts about life and God and that's just the way it is no matter what anyone else says?).

Whether you talk about trucks, God, money, relationships, etc.....my experience has always told me that the most dangerous ones (to themselves or others) are the ones that are close minded.

Old 08-03-2015, 02:28 PM
Lets say we Christians are wrong, We have lived a better life than most, helping this Christian country stay free, which everyone seems to want to move and live here from everywhere else on the planet. Now lets say we are right about Jesus being Savior,Lord and coming back again. We win and you loose for ALL Eternity Will that be smoking or Non-smoking??? I would ratter live as a Christian and be wrong ,then to live as the devil and be right. Today is the day of Salvation,don't loose out. Choose this day who you will serve!

Old 08-03-2015, 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
Hey Brother! Thanks for your input! Why are you so upset? Let's talk and have a healthy discussion about all this. I don't know your past or what brought you to this conclusion, but I would love to talk to you if you will give me a few moments of your time!

It's not about religion, because I can make up my own religion tomorrow and call it true. Religion isn't the answer. It's Jesus Christ who is the answer. We all sin and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23), which means God is perfect, and He is justifiable in condemning us to eternal death because He doesn't tolerate sin. Not this life's death, which will come for everyone, but the second death after you die. This is why God sent His Son, Jesus. Can you imagine sending your only kid, who didn't do anything wrong where you know He will die horribly right in front of your eyes for a bunch of people who sin simply because you love them? We can't get to Heaven on our own because of our human nature. Doing good things and living a "good" life will not save you. this world is cursed with sin and everyone and everything is a part of that curse. God allows bad things to happen because He loves us. What!?? I know it seems contradictory but let me explain. God allows us to sin because He wants genuine love from us, so He gives us the ability to make our own choices! Unfortunately, we ALL choose to sin and go our own way, not God's righteous way. Some people's sin seems more severe than others but it's all sin in God's eyes. God didn't say some fall short, He said ALL fall short no matter how good our intentions.

But God provided the solution. You may know this famous verse in John 3:16: God loved the world so much He gave His one and only only Son that who ever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life. Jesus is the only person who fulfilled God's righteous requirement by not sinning. Before Jesus, pure animal sacrifices were required for a temporary "covering" or forgiving of sins. But this was only a temporary solution until God sent His Son. Jesus willfully sacrificed Himself and died in our place for Our past, present, and future sins for all who believe in Him. Then, and this is key, He rose three days later proving He is conqueror of death. This was witnessed by over 500 people including the Romans who put Him to death. A lot of people died horrible deaths believing that He did rise.Why would people give up their lives for a lie? This is no fairy tale. Jesus is a real person. He Came into this world, lived a sinless life, died horribly taking our place, and rose again 3 days later. Religion does not get you righteous with God, Jesus does!! This makes following Jesus different from every other "religion" out there. He died for you too 05REDFX4!! He suffered a horrible, horrible death just for you. He loves you and is waiting for you! Don't deny Him any longer! There is a reason you responded to this thread. God has led you here for this reason!

When you are ready to take the next step, here is a simple prayer:
Dear Lord,
I admit that I am a sinner. I have done many things that don’t please you. I have lived my life for myself. I am sorry and I repent. I ask you to forgive me. I believe that you died on the cross for me, to save me. You did what I could not do for myself. I come to you now and ask you to take control of my life, I give it to you. Help me to live every day in a way that pleases you. I love you, Lord, and I thank you that I will spend all eternity with you. Amen

I'l be praying fervently for you, and if you have any questions or comments about all this, please PM me. The forums can be a little brutal about these things. I will get the best answers I can for you. There will be no hostility or B.S. I'll give you. Just the truth straight from God's word. I look forward to discussing this more with you. God bless you

Old 08-03-2015, 03:17 PM
Originally Posted by RevBiker
Lets say we Christians are wrong, We have lived a better life than most, helping this Christian country stay free, which everyone seems to want to move and live here from everywhere else on the planet. Now lets say we are right about Jesus being Savior,Lord and coming back again. We win and you loose for ALL Eternity Will that be smoking or Non-smoking??? I would ratter live as a Christian and be wrong ,then to live as the devil and be right. Today is the day of Salvation,don't loose out. Choose this day who you will serve!
We need to take it easy on him. There is a reason he came to this thread to comment. There have been many times I've questioned my walk with Christ many times after becoming a Christian. I've felt that way before too. We need love guys, not condemnation.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by taxreliever
According to all major polls, the majority of Americans (70-80% but declining over the recent years) believe in this fairy tale BS as you put it. Have you ever thought to consider that maybe your head is in the sand? Based on your response, my guess would be, no.

How do you think you got here and where do you think you're going when you die?

Everyone has a faith...you either believe in what you've been taught (do you trust your teachers/material and have you studied it enough yourself to see?), what you've studied (are/were you open to seeing other possibilities?), just blindly following an idea/path (can you be open to seeing other possibilities aside from your own?), or your faith is in yourself/man thinking whatever thoughts you have about life (you have thoughts about life and God and that's just the way it is no matter what anyone else says?).

Whether you talk about trucks, God, money, relationships, etc.....my experience has always told me that the most dangerous ones (to themselves or others) are the ones that are close minded.
I always enjoy your comments especially on these kind of threads. I too was upset about the comments he made, but we need to show 05REDFX4 why we believe what we believe and how Jesus can save Him. There is a reason 05REDFX4 decided to chime in. Our job is to point him to Christ, not push him away.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:35 AM
I always enjoy your comments especially on these kind of threads. I too was upset about the comments he made, but we need to show 05REDFX4 why we believe what we believe and how Jesus can save Him. There is a reason 05REDFX4 decided to chime in. Our job is to point him to Christ, not push him away.
You are 100% correct.....thanks for pointing that out.....I also enjoy your comments and admire your faith and courage.

Old 08-04-2015, 05:25 AM
MDK
This is what is frustrating about certain folks with religious ideals. Personally I don't believe in any faith and tend to stay out of conversations because a lot of religious folks I encounter are not willing to understand why some people don't believe. I've tried to have intelligent conversations with some because I am genuinely curious about religious beliefs since it helps better myself as a person. I travel around the world a lot and use the knowledge to interact with folks and not direspect them. Currently I've been in Saudi Arabia for a year and religion is huge here to the point of being a crime if handled incorrectly.

But folks such as Revbiker turn it into a right and wrong thing. You try to make people feel bad for not believing and the non believers will continue to point out your blind faith.

I wasn't going to respond to this thread because the OP has a right to post and even though I believe the reply to the post was uncalled for you will run into people looking to religious bash. However, nobody can be right and wrong about faith especially in America where we can believe what we want. If you bring your Christian righteousness here to Saudi and tell them they are wrong you'll be beheaded in "chop chop square" where public beheadings are still performed. Be lucky you have the freedom to express your religious beliefs but nobody should be called right or wrong concerning beliefs or you are taking society back decades-centuries.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:41 AM
Sorry if you take what I am saying the wrong way. I have the freedom to voice what I believe just like anyone else and your attacks are OK. I know where they are coming from. Thank for your input on what I said. I deal with Outlaw bikers and the Word of God all the time and have had guns ,knives,etc.. pointed at me. I am still here do what all Lord told me to do in His word. We are in the last days and now is not the time to sugar coat the Gospel message. People are going to HELL, and need to know what road they are on. If they like the the road they are on, then" keep on keeping on" Only God can change a heart. Our job is to warn them and IF they want what we have, then to teach them. I have friends that are missionaries in countries that Kill Christians and Praise Jesus they walk in His protection.
Prodigal Biker
There once was a Biker that owned a very large H.D. dealership. He had two sons that ran things for him.

One day the younger son said to his dad that he was tired of working six days a week and wanted to sell his share of the business. After a few days he got on his 1970 FLH, saddle bags packed, and with the bucks from his share of the business he started across country.As he traveled,he spent his money like it would never run out. He made alot of friends along the way, drugs, booze and wild women was how he partied from day to day. When his money finally ran out, so did his friends. He sold his bike to buy more drugs and booze to feed his new habit, but that didn’t last as long as he would have liked.

In a short time he found himself living on the streets, hustling change and eating from dumpsters.
About this time the recession got real bad and there were no jobs to be found anywhere and no one would hire him anyway. At last he came to his senses and said, “all my father’s employees have more than they can eat and here I am about to starve! He started hitchhiking back towards what was once called home, but because of his heavy guilt he figured he was not fit to be called his father’s son and he knew he could never be a partner in the Bike Shop again. He thought when he sees his father he would say to him, “Father,I have sinned against God and against you. I am no longer fit to be called your son; treat me as one of your employees.

As he was getting closer to the Bike Shop, his father saw him walking still a long way off and his heart was filled with pity. He ran to meet him and grabbed him tight with a hug. “Father,’ the son said, “I have sinned against God and against you. I am no longer fit to be called your son. But the father called out to one of his workers and said, “get my son some clean clothes and go to the butcher and get the best steaks he has, so we can celebrate the return of my son. This son of mine was dead, but now he is alive; he was lost, but now has been found ! And so the party began. In the mean time,the older son was out getting a shipment of Harleys,and as he was coming near the shop, he heard loud music and people partying, so he asked one of the mechanics “what’s going on? “your brother has come back,’ he said “and your father is throwing a party with steaks and everything because he got him back safe and sound. The older brother was so angry that he would not go into the shop, so his father came out and begged him to come in. Copping an attitude, the son said, “Look, all these years I have worked for you like a slave, and I have never disobeyed your orders. What have you given me? Not even hamburgers to party with my friends! But this son of yours wasted all he was given on booze, drugs and ******, but, when becomes back, you throw him a party with steaks and everything! The father said to his son, “listen, you are always here with me, and everything I have is yours. But, we had to celebrate and be happy, because your brother was dead, but now he is alive; he was lost, but now he has been found.

Listen brother, you may feel “what does this all have to do with me anyway?
Alot! you see we have all screwed up (sinned) against God the Father and have fallen short of his plans for us. It started back in the beginning with Adam and Eve. They screwed up (the first sin) when they did what the devil wanted and disobeyed what the Father wanted them to do. To this very day we are still doing our own thing.

In this story, we are like the younger son, who went out to do his own thing, his own way and soon found out that life is not one big party, like him we can’t blame anyone but ourselves, the father didn’t stop his son because like him we all have a free will to do whatever we want. Just like the son in this story, we need a way out of our mess. The only way out is to go back to the Father through His son Jesus Christ. Only through His son Jesus, can we be put right with the Father and have all our sins (screw ups) forgiven.

FIRST: We must admit we are sinners (screwed up)

SECOND: That we are sorry for all we have done wrong.

THIRD: Ask Jesus to come into my life and be not only Savior but Lord of it.

FOURTH: Stop doing whatever is screwing up your life as Jesus gives you the strength to do so

FIFTH: Start reading God’s word (the Bible) and hanging around other brothers who have been REDEEMED by the Blood of JESUS!

Just pray this prayer and really mean it and you will be Redeemed.”Lord Jesus, I believed You died for my sins and rose from the dead. Please forgive me and saved me from my sins. Cleanse in your Blood and come into my heart. Thank You Lord , Amen

If you have prayed this prayer please e-mail, write or call so we can stay in contact with each other and ride for the “Son” and ride forever free.

The LORD JESUS CHRIST says to the members of REDEEMED M.M., “Tell the Bikers to come to Me”So we are doing what the LORD says. To all Bikers everywhere, in the Name of JESUS, you are personally invited to turn off the highways of darkness and turn onto the road of light. To come into a personal relationship with the LORD JESUS CHRIST, the only One that can saved you from “the wages of sin which leads to death”

“Prodigal Biker”Paraphased From the Book of LUKE 15:11-32
By Rev. “Big D”Copyright 1989

Old 08-04-2015, 12:56 PM
Sorry if you take what I am saying the wrong way. I have the freedom to voice what I believe just like anyone else and your attacks are OK. I know where they are coming from. Thank for your input on what I said. I deal with Outlaw bikers and the Word of God all the time and have had guns ,knives,etc.. pointed at me. I am still here do what all Lord told me to do in His word. We are in the last days and now is not the time to sugar coat the Gospel message. People are going to HELL, and need to know what road they are on. If they like the the road they are on, then" keep on keeping on" Only God can change a heart. Our job is to warn them and IF they want what we have, then to teach them. I have friends that are missionaries in countries that Kill Christians and Praise Jesus they walk in His protection.
Prodigal Biker
There once was a Biker that owned a very large H.D. dealership. He had two sons that ran things for him.

One day the younger son said to his dad that he was tired of working six days a week and wanted to sell his share of the business. After a few days he got on his 1970 FLH, saddle bags packed, and with the bucks from his share of the business he started across country.As he traveled,he spent his money like it would never run out. He made alot of friends along the way, drugs, booze and wild women was how he partied from day to day. When his money finally ran out, so did his friends. He sold his bike to buy more drugs and booze to feed his new habit, but that didn’t last as long as he would have liked.

In a short time he found himself living on the streets, hustling change and eating from dumpsters.
About this time the recession got real bad and there were no jobs to be found anywhere and no one would hire him anyway. At last he came to his senses and said, “all my father’s employees have more than they can eat and here I am about to starve! He started hitchhiking back towards what was once called home, but because of his heavy guilt he figured he was not fit to be called his father’s son and he knew he could never be a partner in the Bike Shop again. He thought when he sees his father he would say to him, “Father,I have sinned against God and against you. I am no longer fit to be called your son; treat me as one of your employees.

As he was getting closer to the Bike Shop, his father saw him walking still a long way off and his heart was filled with pity. He ran to meet him and grabbed him tight with a hug. “Father,’ the son said, “I have sinned against God and against you. I am no longer fit to be called your son. But the father called out to one of his workers and said, “get my son some clean clothes and go to the butcher and get the best steaks he has, so we can celebrate the return of my son. This son of mine was dead, but now he is alive; he was lost, but now has been found ! And so the party began. In the mean time,the older son was out getting a shipment of Harleys,and as he was coming near the shop, he heard loud music and people partying, so he asked one of the mechanics “what’s going on? “your brother has come back,’ he said “and your father is throwing a party with steaks and everything because he got him back safe and sound. The older brother was so angry that he would not go into the shop, so his father came out and begged him to come in. Copping an attitude, the son said, “Look, all these years I have worked for you like a slave, and I have never disobeyed your orders. What have you given me? Not even hamburgers to party with my friends! But this son of yours wasted all he was given on booze, drugs and ******, but, when becomes back, you throw him a party with steaks and everything! The father said to his son, “listen, you are always here with me, and everything I have is yours. But, we had to celebrate and be happy, because your brother was dead, but now he is alive; he was lost, but now he has been found.

Listen brother, you may feel “what does this all have to do with me anyway?
Alot! you see we have all screwed up (sinned) against God the Father and have fallen short of his plans for us. It started back in the beginning with Adam and Eve. They screwed up (the first sin) when they did what the devil wanted and disobeyed what the Father wanted them to do. To this very day we are still doing our own thing.

In this story, we are like the younger son, who went out to do his own thing, his own way and soon found out that life is not one big party, like him we can’t blame anyone but ourselves, the father didn’t stop his son because like him we all have a free will to do whatever we want. Just like the son in this story, we need a way out of our mess. The only way out is to go back to the Father through His son Jesus Christ. Only through His son Jesus, can we be put right with the Father and have all our sins (screw ups) forgiven.

FIRST: We must admit we are sinners (screwed up)

SECOND: That we are sorry for all we have done wrong.

THIRD: Ask Jesus to come into my life and be not only Savior but Lord of it.

FOURTH: Stop doing whatever is screwing up your life as Jesus gives you the strength to do so

FIFTH: Start reading God’s word (the Bible) and hanging around other brothers who have been REDEEMED by the Blood of JESUS!

Just pray this prayer and really mean it and you will be Redeemed.”Lord Jesus, I believed You died for my sins and rose from the dead. Please forgive me and saved me from my sins. Cleanse in your Blood and come into my heart. Thank You Lord , Amen

If you have prayed this prayer please e-mail, write or call so we can stay in contact with each other and ride for the “Son” and ride forever free.

The LORD JESUS CHRIST says to the members of REDEEMED M.M., “Tell the Bikers to come to Me”So we are doing what the LORD says. To all Bikers everywhere, in the Name of JESUS, you are personally invited to turn off the highways of darkness and turn onto the road of light. To come into a personal relationship with the LORD JESUS CHRIST, the only One that can saved you from “the wages of sin which leads to death”

“Prodigal Biker”Paraphased From the Book of LUKE 15:11-32
By Rev. “Big D”Copyright 1989
Not attacking you Brother! God commanded us to Love God, love one another, and make Disciples. He didn't ask us to fight our battles with non-believers, just love them. He will fight our battles for us. You have an AMAZING testimony and ministry! Can you PM me more about it? I will be praying for your safety and Ministry. Love the "Prodigal Biker"!!

Old 08-05-2015, 03:48 AM
^^^The Prodigal Biker is pretty good!

Old 08-05-2015, 08:53 AM
Originally Posted by MDK
This is what is frustrating about certain folks with religious ideals. Personally I don't believe in any faith and tend to stay out of conversations because a lot of religious folks I encounter are not willing to understand why some people don't believe. I've tried to have intelligent conversations with some because I am genuinely curious about religious beliefs since it helps better myself as a person. I travel around the world a lot and use the knowledge to interact with folks and not direspect them. Currently I've been in Saudi Arabia for a year and religion is huge here to the point of being a crime if handled incorrectly.

But folks such as Revbiker turn it into a right and wrong thing. You try to make people feel bad for not believing and the non believers will continue to point out your blind faith.

I wasn't going to respond to this thread because the OP has a right to post and even though I believe the reply to the post was uncalled for you will run into people looking to religious bash. However, nobody can be right and wrong about faith especially in America where we can believe what we want. If you bring your Christian righteousness here to Saudi and tell them they are wrong you'll be beheaded in "chop chop square" where public beheadings are still performed. Be lucky you have the freedom to express your religious beliefs but nobody should be called right or wrong concerning beliefs or you are taking society back decades-centuries.
I didn't want this to turn into a "we're right" and "everyone else is wrong" thread because it was meant to remind current believers who they are in Christ. Of course sometimes it can turn that way because of comments. I've been overseas and I've seen what you've seen. I believe it's not about telling other religions that they're wrong. Mostly it's about having a civil conversation with them. Asking them why they believe what they believe and they usually respond in kind. I've lived around the Muslim community before and they are some of the most kindest and wonderful people you'll meet. I listen to their stories and they listen to mine. We explain why we have the hope, the peace, and the love of Jesus Christ because what He has done for us. I believe testimonies are key to having a good conversation about God. Listen to people's stories about their lives, tell people your experience, give them God's plan of salvation, and let God change their hearts. That's it. Sometimes we get over zealous about these things because we believe we're responsible for changing a person's mind. We aren't. God brings about that change.

There are dangerous areas of the world where you can't evangelize openly without consequences. Again, it's all about having those individual conversations. Pretty soon, you're going to see that first hand here in America. It's getting harder and harder for Christians to express their beliefs without getting into trouble by some organization. You're starting to see pastors get persecuted for what they are saying about the right for same-sex marriage. How long before pastors are forced to do what they believe is wrong in their own churches? How long before claiming to be a Christian lands you in jail or even death row in this country?

The Bible isn't a just a set of rules of what you can and can't do. It's a story about man's fall from God, and his redemption through Jesus Christ, not just death and judgement. It's about freedom. It's about finding that peace that surpasses all understanding. It's about being content with your life because you have a God that loves you know matter what you've done. I invite you to get a Bible and just read through it and you'll see what I mean.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:53 AM
I didn't want this to turn into a "we're right" and "everyone else is wrong" thread because it was meant to remind current believers who they are in Christ. Of course sometimes it can turn that way because of comments. I've been overseas and I've seen what you've seen. I believe it's not about telling other religions that they're wrong. Mostly it's about having a civil conversation with them. Asking them why they believe what they believe and they usually respond in kind. I've lived around the Muslim community before and they are some of the most kindest and wonderful people you'll meet. I listen to their stories and they listen to mine. We explain why we have the hope, the peace, and the love of Jesus Christ because what He has done for us. I believe testimonies are key to having a good conversation about God. Listen to people's stories about their lives, tell people your experience, give them God's plan of salvation, and let God change their hearts. That's it. Sometimes we get over zealous about these things because we believe we're responsible for changing a person's mind. We aren't. God brings about that change.

There are dangerous areas of the world where you can't evangelize openly without consequences. Again, it's all about having those individual conversations. Pretty soon, you're going to see that first hand here in America. It's getting harder and harder for Christians to express their beliefs without getting into trouble by some organization. You're starting to see pastors get persecuted for what they are saying about the right for same-sex marriage. How long before pastors are forced to do what they believe is wrong in their own churches? How long before claiming to be a Christian lands you in jail or even death row in this country?

The Bible isn't a just a set of rules of what you can and can't do. It's a story about man's fall from God, and his redemption through Jesus Christ, not just death and judgement. It's about freedom. It's about finding that peace that surpasses all understanding. It's about being content with your life because you have a God that loves you know matter what you've done. I invite you to get a Bible and just read through it and you'll see what I mean.
Well said.

Quick Reply: Who You Are in Christ