Old 02-09-2015, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 02-09-2015, 10:07 PM
glc
Received 754 Likes on 700 Posts
Still better than any Democrat.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:14 PM
Yeah, in the sense Jeb is a moderate Democrat and whoever the other party puts up will be a radical Democrat. The point is don't nominate Jeb.

Old 02-10-2015, 01:31 AM
glc
The Republicans have to nominate whoever has the best chance of beating Hillary or - God forbid - Elizabeth Warren. There are a lot more liberals these days than conservatives, and the only way the Republicans are going to win the swing vote is with a moderate. I may be conservative but I'd much rather have a moderate in there than another liberal.

Old 02-10-2015, 03:20 AM
Originally Posted by glc
Still better than any Democrat.
Agreed!

Originally Posted by glc
The Republicans have to nominate whoever has the best chance of beating Hillary or - God forbid - Elizabeth Warren. There are a lot more liberals these days than conservatives, and the only way the Republicans are going to win the swing vote is with a moderate. I may be conservative but I'd much rather have a moderate in there than another liberal.
Literally took the words right out of my mouth.....after Romney lost, I wasn't sure America could ever make the swing back to a true conservative.

I've always said if you are robbing Peter to pay Paul, if there are enough "Pauls" in the world, a Democrat will always get elected.

Old 02-11-2015, 03:00 AM
Originally Posted by glc
The Republicans have to nominate whoever has the best chance
If you want the best chance, Jeb Bush should have no chance whatsoever.

Originally Posted by glc
and the only way the Republicans are going to win the swing vote is with a moderate.
Like Romney, McCain and Dole? I don't think I can stand another election where I am told the only one who can win is another mushy moderate Republican.

Originally Posted by taxreliever
Agreed! Literally took the words right out of my mouth.....after Romney lost, I wasn't sure America could ever make the swing back to a true conservative.
If Romney lost, is not a conservative and he won over moderates, this shows you don't win elections that way. It is like Rush always says: the Establishment Republicans run losing candidates in the belief that only a moderate can win the middle independents. But it's a flawed theory...

See, this is the problem with this entire theory. This entire theory is, you say, let’s appeal to independents but what do independents believe? They don’t believe in anything. I’m not calling them stupid, I’m just saying the fact that they are in the middle means they have no strong political conviction liberal or conservative.

You do not win elections by taking the conservatives in the middle. You win elections by bringing the middle over to conservatives. And the way you do that is by explaining your theory and your philosophy in a lucid enough fashion so that people can see the common sense of it, and see their own self interest and their own common sense around their own life experience [that] will naturally bring them to these ideas.

This idea that we have to appeal to people who have no ideology by eliminating our own ideology is exactly backwards. We have an ideology that historically worked and provided levels of prosperity and freedom that have been unparalleled in the history of the world. And our GOP leadership is afraid of this. They’re terrified of it and the nominee will not stand up and defend it. And so we’re going to give up the winning story to go to some amorphous thing in the middle and I predict it’s not going to turn out well.

Read more: http://therightscoop.com/bill-whittl...#ixzz3RQ6lsSCQ
Like Reagan said, don't give us pastels. Give us bold colors! That's how you win over the undecided.

Old 02-18-2015, 08:54 PM
I know he probably doesn't have a chance, but I'd love to see Dr. Ben Carson run for President. He seems to have the most sense out of all the candidates.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:30 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Originally Posted by Jesusfrk
I know he probably doesn't have a chance, but I'd love to see Dr. Ben Carson run for President. He seems to have the most sense out of all the candidates.
And the most honest. He's not known well enough yet. From what I've been seeing in the news, the big donors are lining up with Jeb Bush and Walker. We will be inundated with political ads soon for a year and a half.

Old 02-18-2015, 11:01 PM
glc
I'd love to see Walker, but can he win the general election? I have serious doubts, he has all the unions pissed off at him.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: End Jeb 2016