Great job on SanFransisco NORTH (Seattle) Journalist calling out politicans on Guns

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 07:51 AM
dmp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great job on SanFransisco NORTH (Seattle) Journalist calling out politicans on Guns

GREAT work really digging for the truth.

http://mynorthwest.com/992/2561751/AntiGun-Agenda

The Seattle City Council just spent over $150,000 of your dollars on a study to look at gun violence in King County.

The study was done by the Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center at the University of Washington and the results sound really, really scary.

Here's the coverage from The Seattle Times:

"People hospitalized with a firearm injury are 30 times more likely to return to the hospital with another firearm injury than people hospitalized for other reasons. And they're 11 times more likely to die from gun violence within the next five years, according to a study commissioned by the Seattle City Council."

That sounds scary. It sounds shocking, and it's supposed to. It's meant to scare you into action. The Times report continues:

"Researchers at the Harborview Injury Prevention and Research Center at the University of Washington studied 20,000 patients hospitalized in King County and 77,000 hospitalized in all of Washington state in 2006 and 2007. They went back five years and forward five years, examining patients' previous arrest and hospitalization histories.

Now City Councilmember Tim Burgess sent out a press release about these results and this is what he said:

"The evidence shows gun violence begets gun violence. If you are harmed by a gun, you are much more likely to be harmed again or to harm others," said Burgess. "It is unfortunate that the National Rifle Association has blocked this type of research at the national level because it provides valuable information for policymakers and the public."

Now to me, that quote just reeks of the City Council spending $150,000 to make a political point. This was not about the NRA. The research didn't look into the NRA. That just reeks of some sort of agenda.
This guy seems like a throwback journalist. I love it - at least this piece of his work.

Old 07-09-2014, 08:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've always found by experience that where there is a predominance of gun owning families, the neighborhoods are safer, friendlier, more generous, the kids are better behaved, more values are displayed, properties are well maintained, etc.

I cherish this. My sons and most of their friends are firearms owners as well. I've allowed them to keep their arms in their rooms since they were 12 years old- loaded. They are as normal and common as spoons, screwdrivers, or bath towels in our home. Not once in my life have any of the 100+ firearms I have owned ever been locked up, and never has one escaped or snuck out to wreak havoc on the "innocent" public. I like knowing my neighbors are all armed. I sleep well in that.

Know this: Intelligence is very seldom equal to, or a companion of WISDOM.

The WISE man must know and discern the true intent of the intelligent man's agenda. He means it for harm and slavery and to pull from the public coffers. He must not be allowed to succeed...but he will. It has been written and displayed since time immemorial.

Be WISE my friends.

Old 07-10-2014, 01:22 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I will BET any amount of money that MOST of the people that their "study" looked at have LONG criminal histories as well! Any takers?

Probably THE single most useful thing that I learned in high school was "Figures lie, and Liars figure"! It obviously applies in this case!

The fact that the city council paid an obviously biased group to perform their study speaks volumes about their motives! In fact, I'll also bet that no study was actually performed and that the "Research Center" just grabbed a report that they'd already written and gave it to the city council. So not only was no real study done but the $150,000 was basically just a contribution to the center to unofficially support their political objectives.

Seattle City Council needs to be FIRED and then criminally charged with corruption!

Old 07-14-2014, 08:17 AM
dmp
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the article speaks to that, Joe - you're right. Was a waste of money; but not to those electing the idiots into office.

Quick Reply: Great job on SanFransisco NORTH (Seattle) Journalist calling out politicans on Guns