Complete Lack of Leadership

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 09:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Complete Lack of Leadership

Pass it around. It seems only the right side of the media is interested in reporting this. The second article is also found on the Wasington Times site.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...-would-notice/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...46965925417366

Old 03-09-2013, 10:36 AM
"The only thing we have to fear... is fear itself" - Franklin Delano Roosevelt, exhibiting leadership in the face of a depression.

"The sequester forced on Americans by the Republicans will make us cut teachers, police, meat inspectors, air traffic controlllers, TSA agents, and the military." Paraphrase from Barrack Obama, exhibiting lack of leadership because the rate of government growth is slowing slightly.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Obama administration has already told heads of departments to make the sequester cuts as painful as possible.

We have leadership. Just the wrong kind.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:42 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Let me throw a blender in the pot...... while I agree that this is incorrect to go about it this way. However this is what always happens with cuts, things are adjusted so there is as little impact as possible.
For example, let's say your cooking on the grill and turning brats by hand, it can be done, but once they start flowing burning hot juice out of them and burn your fingers, you get some tongs. Once it hurts, you make a change.
I think the same it true with this economic disaster we are in. We NEED change and until it hurts most wil never "go get the tongs" since someone else just steps in and turns them for them.
Anyone notice that no one in congress wont be taking a paycut from the sequester??? I Thought the cuts were across the board!! Sure would be nice to be able to not do your job with no recourse.
The tax loopholes need fixed, maybe not all but there are places. Corporations move jobs overseas, remove americans from the workforce, remove money from our economy, and write it all off. Anyone who thinks this is a good thing for our country is an idiot, plain and simple.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You eliminate tax "loopholes", you eliminate jobs. And that is something you dont want to do in this economy.

As for companies moving jobs overseas, the govt has created the climate with NAFTA and MFN for China. And we'll never see those repealed/reversed.

Govt employees dont have the inteligence to forsee the result of their actions. Thats why theyre gvt employees and not entrepreneurs.

Old 03-09-2013, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by worm5932
Let me throw a blender in the pot...... while I agree that this is incorrect to go about it this way. However this is what always happens with cuts, things are adjusted so there is as little impact as possible.
For example, let's say your cooking on the grill and turning brats by hand, it can be done, but once they start flowing burning hot juice out of them and burn your fingers, you get some tongs. Once it hurts, you make a change.
I think the same it true with this economic disaster we are in. We NEED change and until it hurts most wil never "go get the tongs" since someone else just steps in and turns them for them.
Anyone notice that no one in congress wont be taking a paycut from the sequester??? I Thought the cuts were across the board!! Sure would be nice to be able to not do your job with no recourse.
The tax loopholes need fixed, maybe not all but there are places. Corporations move jobs overseas, remove americans from the workforce, remove money from our economy, and write it all off. Anyone who thinks this is a good thing for our country is an idiot, plain and simple.
First The Obama plan is to turn up the grill after we get burned by the cooking brats then have everyone keep turning the brats with their hands until they complain enough to force Congress to shut off the grill. The problem is the government is overspending. The size of government needs to be cut. Programs need to be cut. Personnel need to be laid off. A bottom up assessment needs to be performed and cuts found to make government more efficient. Going top down only reinforces the fiefdom mentality many in supervisory roles have.

"Tax loopholes" are nothing more than incentives that the government gives to encourage certain types of behavior. Things like buying a house are encouraged to increase he stability of neighborhoods and families. Things like saving for retirement are also incentives. As far as shipping jobs overseas goes, business will always find the most beneficial way of doing business for them. If the tax code, union restrictions, basic required benefits are too costly here businesses will ship them to other countries.

Old 03-10-2013, 11:27 AM
I don't think that this is a lack of leadership. I think that it's a brilliantly devised and executed plan.

Our president promised a transformation of our country. That's what we're getting.

There just aren't enough people paying enough attention to stop this. There are too many who have been wooed into believing that government is the best caretaker.

I feel pretty helpless. There isn't much we can do, other than try to lessen the impact on ourselves.

Trending Topics

Old 03-10-2013, 09:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I’d disagree that this is a lack of leadership from the POTUS. What we have here is in fact possibly the first leadership we’ve seen from him in a long time. With his leadership, departments are making highly visible and painful cuts just to make his point that cutting any kind of government spending will be catastrophic. Of course this is total BS. Let’s see why.

First, all Obama has done is repeat the phrase “85 billion dollars” over and over again to describe the cuts. Man, that sounds awful. But if one steps back just a bit, you’ll learn that the cuts actually amount to less that 3%. Man, that sounds pretty insignificant. In fact I think if you asked any reasonable person if they could cut their own spending by 3% because times were tough, most folks could do it in such a way that minimal pain would be felt. In fact I think it would be pretty easy to find 3% worth of waste in government, but that’s just me. Hell, if I only got 3% year on year productivity goals in the company I work for, that would be a walk in the park.

I liken this to the usual game that’s played with school budgets. If the budget is voted down, the first thing to go is always sports and librarians. Yup, let’s go for something nobody wants to cut. Why not go after administrator’s perks or waste? Why that would hurt those in power. Same goes for our wonderful government. Let’s face it folks, it’s less than 3%! Buck up and do it in a sane way that impacts the least number of people.

Old 03-11-2013, 05:48 AM
FBHO is the only thing that sums it up...

Old 03-13-2013, 06:52 AM
Originally Posted by wittom
There are too many who have been wooed into believing that government is the best caretaker.
This is the saddest part. When I was on patrol we would see it day in and day out. Parents were afraid to discipline their children so they would call the cops. Our typical answer was either you provide discipline or we take them to jail. Just about every parent asked what they could do. They were under the mistaken belief that if they spanked their child they would go to jail. We were more than willing to explain the law to them in front of the child. The look of surprise and horror on the faces of the children was more than enough reward. They had been fed the BS by the school system since they were in grade school that mom and dad couldn't spank them. Mom and dad believed it and became afraid of their child and going to jail. Spanking your child is not a crime. Injuring or physically damaging your child is. Taking away their privileges is not a crime. Heck that is all we would have done if we had to take the roll of parent. The child goes to juvie and we go home. Talk about a huge time out.

Quick Reply: Complete Lack of Leadership