Food For Thought....

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 02:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Food For Thought....

"A democracy (Republic) cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy."-- Alexis de Tocqueville

Old 11-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brilliant man, de Tocqueville.

Time to start laying the groundwork for how we want our nation to look, post collapse.

Hopefully USA 2.0 will be able to salvage a few of the good parts from Version 1.0.

BTW, not saying the collapse is coming tomorrow or anytime soon, but the path has been determined. We had a chance to correct direction yesterday, but the voters decided the current path was the one for them.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by dirt bike dave
Hopefully USA 2.0 will be able to salvage a few of the good parts from Version 1.0.
Maybe i'm just being a real downer, because I am quite dissapointed with the results of this election, but I predict that what comes after the United States of America won't be united at all. I wouldn't be surprized if we were broken up into several different countries. Could even happen in our lifetimes.

I hope not. I've seen too many people bust thier asses to make this a great country. I'm just concerned that there is a majority who are "educated" by what the MSM manufactures and through Twitter on their phone.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wittom
I'm just concerned that there is a majority who are "educated" by what the MSM manufactures and through Twitter on their phone.
It's much worse than this.
- A considerable number of people consider the Daily Show with Jon Stewart to be a news program
- Very few people will listen to more than a 30 second sound bite
- Even fewer will fact check that sound bite

At least Hitler's followers would listen to his hours long speeches to get their bad information.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:58 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
I was thinking this last night. I could see a divided nation for sure. Hopefully not, just funny cause it crossed my mind last night.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:44 PM
Arm yourselves and stock up on ammo, food and water.

Those that survive will determine what USA 2.0 becomes. Be it 5 or 50 years, it's coming.

On the plus side, it's generally one side that has all the above, and the other side wants everything given to them.

- NCSU

Old 11-14-2012, 08:09 PM
Technical Article Contributor

The main problem is that the poor in our nation now outweight the everyday hard working American that understands you should work for what you want and take pride in their lives. I'm sad to say my generation is responsible for it and doesn't make it a priority to support themselves vs getting a handout.

All of Obama's policies are great on paper and would make any nation better. The problem with them is lazy American's are no longer willing to do anything and expect handouts. Those of us working for what we want out of life are supporting the dead beats of our society which now outrank us. Lucky for me I was a boyscout, I know how to build and fix things myself, I was raised and passed on the teachings of my parents to work hard, be motivated and self sufficient and not rely on others for what you want.....and of course my LEO training

Wonder if I have enough popcorn for the collapse that is going to insue in the next 4 years under Obama. I personally can't wait for people to start bitching about their healthcare plans at work being dropped because its cheaper for the business to pay the fine.....I told you so just doesn't seem like it will cut it.

Trending Topics

Old 11-14-2012, 09:01 PM
Like I said... stock up now while you're money is still worth something.

- NCSI

Old 11-14-2012, 10:44 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm ready, I have a can of Pork-n-Beans in the crawl space.

....oh, and I also have 65,000 rounds of 50 cal ammo and all ya'lls addresses.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:18 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by wittom
I wouldn't be surprized if we were broken up into several different countries. Could even happen in our lifetimes.
I think the opposite will happen. Your economy will collapse and the North American Union will happen.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Gotts2BMe
I think the opposite will happen. Your economy will collapse and the North American Union will happen.
Say it ain't so!
The hardest part of my trips to Canada is figuring out your currency.
I'm standing in the checkout line and my wife asks, " How much is this stuff?"
I say, "I'm not sure, I think it's two loonies and a goofy."

The clerk made us go to the end of the line for that.
In my defense, we had just left Disney World and I still had some Goofys in my pocket.

Last edited by Raoul; 11-14-2012 at 11:51 PM.

Quick Reply: Food For Thought....