Obama Is Not the Real Problem

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Obama Is Not the Real Problem

A little hard to believe that this originated as stated, but I do believe the content is on target.

The Perfect Quote
Some people have the vocabulary to sum up things in a way that you can quickly understand them. This quote came from the Czech Republic. Someone over there has it figured out. It was translated into English from an article in the Prague newspaper, Prager Zeitungon.

“The danger to America is not Barack Obama, but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president. The problem is much deeper and far more serious than Mr. Obama, who is a mere symptom of what ails America. Blaming the prince of fools should not blind anyone to the vast confederacy of fools that made him their prince. The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools, such as those who made him their President.”

Old 05-01-2012, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So true.

I fear it is too late to 'restore common sense and good judgement to a depraved electorate'.

Even if those qualities somehow start making a comeback, we have already saddled future generations with crushing debt.

Anyone who doubts the decline in common sense and good judement needs merely to read the online comments on any Yahoo! news story. Scary stuff.

Last edited by dirt bike dave; 05-01-2012 at 03:40 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:20 PM
He must have been listening in on some of my conversations.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:44 PM
I could not agree more.

I believe that this is the reason that tea party type groups originally formed. It was about restoring common sense to our republic. That's why I consider myself part of the "tea party movement" anyhow.

It may be too late. I hate to believe that could be true. When I talk to people though.... There are still way, way too many people with thier heads buried in the sand.

I never expected to reach this point of my life to experience such sadness over what is happening to our country. We used to be a better people.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:33 AM
Sadly there are many, many communists in the US. Again sadly most of these are college students and will one day be taking leadership rolls. I agree that Obama isn't the problem. He is the symptom of the problem. I believe we have hit the point, I think Thomas Jefferson predicted, where the citizenry has discovered they can keep voting themselves benefits from the government coffers. I think unless common sense and discipline is re-installed there will be a violent revolt within the next few years. I keep hearing about how the 99 are going to stop participating in the economy and how it'll show those fat cats. Wouldn't it be funny if the 1% did the same thing. They would still have their money, but they wouldn't pay any taxes or employ any of the 99.

The is an article going around about how the founding fathers were very much into forcing people into commerce. Some of my liberal friends were trying to use that as proof that the health insurance act is Constitution, after all if the founding father, who knew the original intent of the Constitution passed a law like that then it must be valid. The three things specifically it claims are a law that required ship captain to supply health care to crewmen, a law requiring all able bodied men from 18-45 to buy a firearm and certain military items, and a law that requires seamen to pay for hospitals for themselves. Unfortunately what the law says is any ship weighing over 150 tons or manned with a crew of 10 or more must possess a first aid kit approved by a doctor. Knowing the abilities of the medical profession at the time, nothing was required to be purchased. Not only that but If the captain didn't want to provide that item they could operate a ship weighing under 150 tons or only have 9 crewmen. That is a bit different than only being able to opt out of health insurance but opting out of life. The second was the possession of certain military items. The law does not require a person to purchase anything, it only states they must possess the items. They could have received them from their grandfather, or father if he was old enough. Again that is a big difference between requiring the possession and requiring the purchase. The third was actually a tax paid to the government collectors to the government which was in turn used to provide hospitals for the seamen. Since it was a tax it was a proper power of the federal government. A single payer health care system would be a proper power of the US government, but there would be such an outcry that it would never pass Congress and if it did, they would be run out of office at the first chance.

Old 05-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For me it’s a byproduct of a generation that doesn’t understand how to work and thinks life is supposed to be completely fair. Now their learning that life really isn’t fair, you have to work and someone else will have nicer stuff than you do and they’re having a hard time getting this through their thick skulls. It’s much easier to believe the lies of a pied piper and dance along thinking you’re going to right the supposed wrongs and make the world a better place. Well I have news for them the lion always eats the slowest gazelle, get runnin’ or get ate!

Old 05-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by Wookie
For me it’s a byproduct of a generation that doesn’t understand how to work and thinks life is supposed to be completely fair. Now their learning that life really isn’t fair, you have to work and someone else will have nicer stuff than you do and they’re having a hard time getting this through their thick skulls. It’s much easier to believe the lies of a pied piper and dance along thinking you’re going to right the supposed wrongs and make the world a better place.
You are correct on this assessment. To take it a step further, many of them truly believe that acheivers, capitalists and big businesses are out to do them harm. Decades of indoctrination and propaganda will have that effect.

They have been taught to look to big government and unions as their protection from evil capitalists, and they will vote accordingly.

Originally Posted by Wookie
Well I have news for them the lion always eats the slowest gazelle, get runnin’ or get ate!
IMO, the game has changed. The current generation of gazelles does not have to run anymore. They have contracted with the government, which has promised to give them kibble and to protect them from the lions.

The gazelles and sheep have happily followed the trail of kibble over to the pens built just for them. Inside, they will be safe from the lions forever. What could go wrong, lol.

Trending Topics

Old 05-02-2012, 06:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dirt bike dave
IMO, the game has changed. The current generation of gazelles does not have to run anymore. They have contracted with the government, which has promised to give them kibble and to protect them from the lions.

The gazelles and sheep have happily followed the trail of kibble over to the pens built just for them. Inside, they will be safe from the lions forever. What could go wrong, lol.
They must not have seen the menu then. It's still gonna be a bbq with mutton and gazelle being the two choices. The only differences are that the .gov will eat them instead of a lion and inside the pen everyone gets ate not just the slow ones. But on the upside it is fair that way.

Old 05-02-2012, 07:10 PM
Exactly!

Equal results for all. Nothing is more fair than that, lol.

Quick Reply: Obama Is Not the Real Problem