Fox News booted out of Canada

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 12:31 PM
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Fox News booted out of Canada

Seems back in March that Fox News was handed their suitcases and asked to leave Canada. The offense- lying. They have a law there that says you cannot tell a lie on broadcast media. Fox apparently failed. Here's the article:
http://readersupportednews.org/opini...-out-of-canada

Too bad we don't have something like this. Our media is such a joke. You can't believe anything you see or hear anymore from the media. Because of the media, OJ Simpson probably got a way with murder and now it would seem that the Anthony case is another one where the media brought enough pressure to the prosecution that they started a case with no evidence. Did she do it? Did she also get away with murder? We'll never know as the trial was started with little to no evidence because of media pressure. We're down to a new low in this country.

Old 07-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sure the rest of the media in Canada tells the truth all the time

That article was so slanted its not even funny.....

Old 07-07-2011, 01:16 PM
if Faux News had abide by "a licenser may not broadcast ... any false or misleading news." there would be an awful lot of dead air on their network...

regards

Old 07-07-2011, 01:34 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The title of this thread is a perfect example of what is wrong with the US media, take a fact, twist the words around a bit, and present it as fact.

Try the story is Fox News was not allowed to create a "Fox News North" channel, specific to Canada, called Sun TV News ( right from the URL above ), that is broadcast from Canada, which aside from being Right leaning, has no relation to News Corp's Fox news. Not too sure if Sun TV News is the creation of Sun TV from India or not ( they share a name, that is about all I found ).

Fox News is carried by several providers now.
Shaw I know has it on the cable provider side, and I don't know but i would assume it is also on the sat TV side as well.
Seem to recall Bell CAN carrying it as well.

3 min with Google and actually reading the URL posted would have provided all of this info, and more..

It is usually the Left that does this stuff.........

Old 07-07-2011, 01:36 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by arrbilly
if Faux News had abide by "a licenser may not broadcast ... any false or misleading news." there would be an awful lot of dead air on their network...

regards
As well as the 3 major broadcast networks, CNN and MSNBC....
There would be no news if they all had to present any facts correctly and completely.

Old 07-07-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
The title of this thread is a perfect example of what is wrong with the US media, take a fact, twist the words around a bit, and present it as fact.

Try the story is Fox News was not allowed to create a "Fox News North" channel, specific to Canada, called Sun TV News ( right from the URL above ), that is broadcast from Canada, which aside from being Right leaning, has no relation to News Corp's Fox news. Not too sure if Sun TV News is the creation of Sun TV from India or not ( they share a name, that is about all I found ).

Fox News is carried by several providers now.
Shaw I know has it on the cable provider side, and I don't know but i would assume it is also on the sat TV side as well.
Seem to recall Bell CAN carrying it as well.

3 min with Google and actually reading the URL posted would have provided all of this info, and more..

It is usually the Left that does this stuff.........
Aww come on SSCULLY, do we have to use facts and actually research stuff?? Can't we just rag on "Faux News" with pretend info instead? Its so much easier to make our point that way

Old 07-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I see Habibi's hand in this!

Old 07-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Lol everyone lies!

Old 07-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
...Seems back in March that Fox News was handed their suitcases and asked to leave Canada.. The offense- lying. ...
John Stewart extends a fist bump and double high-five.

Old 07-10-2011, 09:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Censorship, plain and simple. I do not agree with CNNMSNBCABCNBCCBS's consistent liberal bias, but I wouldn't want them ripped off the air.

It's obvious to anyone with 2 brain cells to rub together this Canadian decision is singling out Fox.

Old 07-12-2011, 12:24 AM
Rupert Murdoch has the news of the world thing going on right now too so who knows maybe it was somthing canada knew about? Idk

Old 07-23-2011, 11:41 PM
haha I might be right who knows the extent of the phone hacking!

Old 07-25-2011, 10:56 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by blu3expy
Lol everyone lies!
And once we understand that we can move forward.

To the extent that our lies hurt others is the extent that we should be beaten with a whip.

Quick Reply: Fox News booted out of Canada