New Subforum for Politics and Religion

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 01:49 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
New Subforum for Politics and Religion

Okay... Okay.... I get it.

Some of you LOVE talking religion and politics. That's okay and frankly, I appreciate you guys keeping it in the General Discussion section.

So... for you guys and gals that love this type of thing... a subforum for politics and religion, specifically. I'm going to give this a go for a while and see how it works. I don't mind the discussions and know that MANY (not all) of you are civil about this type of thing but, be reminded that the same rules that apply outside of this forum apply on the inside of this forum.

Mainly, and foremost, personal attacks won't be tolerated... at all. Further, it's the Staff's discretion as to what lands here, stays here, and will be allowed here. My point, the rules that are outside certainly apply but, there may be some subjectivity - more than elsewhere - applied here.

Keep in mind, we're a site for and about the F-Series thus, if the banter and discussions here are distracting to our advertisers and/or ownership, we reserve the right to pluck any thread off, without notice or warning. Further, the line items that would earn someone a temporary dismissal or permanent hiatus from f150online.com will certainly still apply here.

Enjoy... let us know if you have questions/concerns.

Thanks,
Rockpick
f150online.com Admin

Old 06-13-2011, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is so great to see. What an awesome idea. Speaking for myself, as one who grows tired of seeing all the political and religious banter, this is a welcome addition to the site. For the most part, I love reading through the GD board when I have some downtime. Just so tired of skimming through all the political and religious ones. Thank You staff at F150online!

Oh and this is my last post in this sub-forum, cya!

Old 06-13-2011, 04:51 PM
sweet! thanks!

Old 06-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisT
This is so great to see. What an awesome idea. Speaking for myself, as one who grows tired of seeing all the political and religious banter, this is a welcome addition to the site. For the most part, I love reading through the GD board when I have some downtime. Just so tired of skimming through all the political and religious ones. Thank You staff at F150online!

Couldnt have said it any better.

Old 06-13-2011, 11:14 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Are Canadians (a.k.a. Habbs) an automatic ban? At least on the Politics?

Just kidding, but this might be fun. I guess we will see,and I promise to be nice.

Old 06-14-2011, 03:55 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by ChrisT

Your not alone, - so many sites out there dedicated to that stuff. I can't believe it plagues THIS Ford truck site. Compromise isn't really a cure, -better than nothin I guess.

Old 06-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Should have had this sub-forum years ago.........

Old 06-14-2011, 09:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i agree, i get tired of seeing stupid politic/religion threads as well

Old 06-14-2011, 10:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wouldn't call the threads "stupid". If I don't want to read a thread, I don't click on it.

General Discussion should mean just that: General Discussion.

Old 06-15-2011, 08:34 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Frank S
I wouldn't call the threads "stupid". If I don't want to read a thread, I don't click on it.

General Discussion should mean just that: General Discussion.
Good points. Not that I like them.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
true, ok..i get tired of seeing all these threads :P

Old 06-15-2011, 11:05 PM
I understand the reasoning, I think, but....

Maybe we should have two seperate sub-forums for politics AND religion.

How about a sub-forum for sports. I get tired of seeing all of the sports discussions in "general" discussion. I don't really care that the Bruins are winning. Maybe it'd mean more to me if I were drinking, but I'm not at the moment.

Maybe a sub-forum for technology, there are qute a few discussions about cell phones and computers. I've had the same cell/smart phone for more than two years. Do I need to see the discussions about what phone is best every other week?

How about a camping sub-forum? I'm into camping, but I get tired of seeing someone complain about the Muslims at the campground making too much noise.

Oh, how about a ethnicity sub-forum? That way, if there has to be a discussions on the differences between Americans and Canadians, others won't have to sift through them to read about tipping the waiter.

Perhaps a sub-forum for discussions about cars. You know, the things that aren't trucks? Then people who want to talk about trucks won't have to read about Mustangs, Fusions, or the various beater four bangers people drive to save on gas.

How about a sub-forum for ciggarette smokers? I do smoke, but not a pack a day anymore. Just on Saturday nights when I'm hanging out with friends drinking beer. I got tired of being shunned into a corner, outside, twenty feet from the building, made to feel like a second class citizen.

My post is pretty silly, isn't it? Get my point?

Old 06-20-2011, 02:31 PM
I aprove this subforum.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FATHERFORD
I aprove this subforum.
But we disapprove of your spelling of approve.

I'm just wondering what we are going to do when someone gets sick of the threads in this subforum? Come up with a sub sub-forum?

Quick Reply: New Subforum for Politics and Religion