Need F75E-6B894-DB oil cooler adapter

Old 07-30-2015, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 1997 F150 4X4 Manual Trans with A/C and 4.6L 2 valve engine (which is now 5.4L sort of... Long story but the short of it is that it bolts to a M-6010-M54 Ford Racing block from Summit) BUT My engine oil cooler adapter Ford P/N F75E-6B894-DB broke and is leaking oil.

It has been discontinued from Ford and after 3 days of searching I cannot find an aftermarket piece and have called several hundred junk yards - with no luck.

It is about 3 inches wide and 8 inches long and bolts to the side of the block. It has the lower water outlet (for lower radiator hose) 2 - oil hose outlets (which goes to the oil filter that is mounted on the bumper, and 1 threaded outlet for oil pressure switch.

I have done Extensive modifications to the engine and entire truck. I have tried the parts from different years of f150 which are larger / longer and they hit the motor mount, power steering pump, headers and frame. I also tried a Crown Vic and Cobra (which are very different parts) and they don't fit either.

Anyone have a 1997 - 1999 with F75E-6B894-DB that they are parting out?

Know of an aftermarket part that will work. Send me website, vendor part number etc, and I will gladly purchase ANYTHING that will stop my baby from bleeding.

Thanks

Last edited by Sullivaf; 08-16-2015 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:41 AM

While I don't know where to send you, I can suggest something else. I've seen in cases where people can't find the part, they have someone make it. You might be able to find a specialty machine shop that will make you a new one.

Worth a shot, anyway.

Old 08-16-2015, 09:12 PM
Good idea, except I dont need a totally new one. It broke into two peices and I have both of them. I need someone that can weld aluminum and recut the holes. Anyone on here that can do that? How much? Here is a pic.

Old 08-16-2015, 09:22 PM
I still want the old one fixed!!

But after going to and calling hundreds of junkyards and buying 5 different types and trying them all - no one had one like my old one...

The closest one I found was XL3E6884BA. Heres a shot of it. Yes I know crappy Fram filter. Its for painting. Wix went on after.

I tried mounting the oil switch on the side outlet and it hit the block. New Ford Racing block has a triangle in the way that the old stock block did not. Then I tried the old switch in the bottom and it fit. BUT when I put the front differential back in it crushed it. I left it in there because it keeps the oil from leaking out.

So back to the front port... I used some air tool fittings from my nail gun - male into the oil cooler adapter and female into the oil switch clamped between some fuel line. No leak but no oil gauge. Thus the black wire clamped to the case of the oil switch and run to the front of the timing chain cover. BAM. Works with no leaks.

So I'm back to driving to work again, but it bugs the crap outta me. Its hokie and Im not using my oil cooler that is mounted in the front. It works for now, but I wouldnt mind finding someone that can fix my old part for me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need F75E-6B894-DB oil cooler adapter