The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

BAD A** Pre Runner

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by a7x_nocturnal
If its this orange truck. WHAT A JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!

1st off, those rims will be destroyed in the desert.
2. Looks like 1 single 2.0/2.5 C/O Will fade fast in that heavy truck. and suck
3. Stock bumper behind bumper..Gay
4. Stock spindles/snouts
5.Stock 8.8 axle trussed..Still weak.
6. Crappy tires
7. Upper arms still on bushings...Lowers look on ball joints still =no travel

Total= Fake prerunner disco truck
in no way is this a stock spindle

but anyway calm down dude its a show truck and he said that.

Old 03-12-2010, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by thejake1989
quote from owner

"and I havent driven the truck in 5 years (well 2 years ago I drove it about 125miles... sad huh?)... the truck is totaly built for serious offroad, but its just a full show truck - no offroading ever!"

but he also said it was built for serious offroad use... and that is a shot int he dark. I would have flamed him on that site if i would have noticed he said that, but I didnt.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:08 PM

From post below.. Obviously he thought it was an offroad machine. WAJ

ok, im gonna pick this apart just to prove how worthless this setup is.

Only thing he did right, was upgrade to that Dana 44 snout. But WHY do that if your not even gonna ditch the balljoints. And not heim the steering. Sooo many weak points.. And that spindle looks like a cast lift spindle witht he D44 adapter backing plates welded on..YOU DONT WELD TO CAST! It can be done..but not strong at all. Upper arm on Bushings. and looks like a CST coil bucket kit converted to a coil over.

Also, Shock hoop fail putting all mounting points on top of frame where the seam is! Such a weak design.

All that "work" to cut sooo many corners..And not even have a good bump stop at that. The steering is Ball joint still, single shear. And also, that D44 set up is goona push wheel out alot..SO his KPI is all messed up i bet.

Offroad or show, either way, take some pride in the truck..if thats show..well show it to the junk yard. I would not ride in that thing. Especially anywhere in the desert.

Originally Posted by 4.2trimble
but he also said it was built for serious offroad use... and that is a shot int he dark. I would have flamed him on that site if i would have noticed he said that, but I didnt.
Should have. HA HA.

Old 03-13-2010, 05:34 PM
Actually, the upper and lowers CA's look like theyre the fabtech pre runner arms. My friend has them on his truck so he can run 40's on his 2WD. I like the concept of replacing the coil with the coilovers..always kind of wanted to do that haha.

Old 10-30-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by a7x_nocturnal
Only thing he did right, was upgrade to that Dana 44 snout. But WHY do that if your not even gonna ditch the balljoints. And not heim the steering.
What should balljoints be replaced by on a Dana44? I'm servicing mine and while it's apart maybe it's time to upgrade.

Old 10-30-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Corpsie
What should balljoints be replaced by on a Dana44? I'm servicing mine and while it's apart maybe it's time to upgrade.
well you could pribably run 8- lug outers on them King pin. Not sure exactly how it would work out though.

Old 10-31-2010, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by 4.2trimble
well you could pribably run 8- lug outers on them King pin. Not sure exactly how it would work out though.
My 250 already has the 8 lugs

What's the advantage of a king pin?

Old 11-01-2010, 10:59 AM
Holy crap, you had to resurrect an almost 8 month old thread to ask an unrelated question?

The short answer is there really is no way to upgrade the D44 to king pins. Its possible to do, but it will involve cutting off the inner Cs, welding on a new set, and then changing everything from the knuckle out plus getting a custom made stub shaft. Once you have that done then you still have a weak center section and shafts. A D44 is barely worth the cost of new ball joints let alone any additional work.

To be perfectly honest, if you don't know what the advantage of kingpin/ball joints is, and you're not familiar with axles (sounds like you know the basics only) then the best thing to do is completely forget you ever heard of king pins. Just buy a set of XRF joints replace them and move on. If you really want king pins you're going to be doing an axle swap.

Quick Reply: BAD A** Pre Runner