The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

What do you all think is the problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What do you all think is the problem

Me and some buddies went to the dunes today to mess around out there. Everything went great, the trucks ran good and we had some fun. Afterwards I noticed that my truck started vibrating slightly if I exceed 40 MPH. This has never occured before so what could be the problem. Does the truck need to settle maybe if it was pushed alittle much. Thanks for the info.

Old 03-02-2007, 12:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You prolly knocked a wheel wieght. Try getting it rebalanced!

Shane

Old 03-02-2007, 01:03 AM
yeah I would start there. Also check on those ball joints.

Old 03-02-2007, 02:55 AM
mine did that one time when i went to the beach and it shook horrible...i lost a weight and also try washing the wheels and brakes at the car wash for some reason that helped alot until i got it rebalanced...hope that helps you...

Old 03-02-2007, 02:57 AM
this is off the subject but how do u like ur extreme all-terrains...im lookin at gettin some...how do they handle on the road in like rain and also how do they do in sand...thanks for the input...

Old 03-02-2007, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Matt****son
this is off the subject but how do u like ur extreme all-terrains...im lookin at gettin some...how do they handle on the road in like rain and also how do they do in sand...thanks for the input...
I'm really satisfied with them, they have a bigger tread then regular A/T's but you can barely een hear them on the road if at all. They do pretty good in the rain also we haven't had to much lately so I cant make a proper judgement. In the sand I think they kick @$$ this was the first time I had a chance to go out there and really test them out. I thought they did really great.

And thanks guys I'll look into have them balanced.

Old 03-02-2007, 01:50 PM
I did a couple days of rough off roading this past fall and develloped a vibration in the front at speeds above 60 mph. Had the wheels ballanced and it didn't help.
An allignment fixed it 100%. So, if a ballance doesn't do it. You might want to look into the allignment.
As was stated above also make sure there isn't any buildup on the inside of the wheel. That can throw things out of whack too.

Trending Topics

Old 03-02-2007, 03:03 PM
Not the same but similar...I went through some snow and had the same problem.

A clump of snow wedged onto the rim on the backside causing the vibration. It wouldn't stop until I actually found the snow and knocked it off myself (wouldn't fall off naturally)

It may be the same with sand if the sand was wet....but then again..the guys at the shop would have seen this.

Old 03-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Originally Posted by Jolly_Green_Giant
I did a couple days of rough off roading this past fall and develloped a vibration in the front at speeds above 60 mph. Had the wheels ballanced and it didn't help.
An allignment fixed it 100%. So, if a ballance doesn't do it. You might want to look into the allignment.
As was stated above also make sure there isn't any buildup on the inside of the wheel. That can throw things out of whack too.
Okay I just had the tires balanced and it didnt help so I guess I'll look into the alignment like you said, but I'll check the inside of the wheels first.

Old 03-03-2007, 07:59 AM
it may be a far shot but check the u-joints. Mine did the same it statred to vibrate at speeds and i thought i was just snow packed in the wheel. The rear one ended up being shot.

Quick Reply: What do you all think is the problem