The Outdoors Off-roading, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, and Weaponry. What are you out doing in your F-Series?

In need of new tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In need of new tires

Ok well a few days ago I went just for a short trip just around to a few mud holes. Well for awhile I was doing great. I was having a great time getting all sloopy and sliding around. So I was like one more hole and I will leave. Ugh I had to hit that last hole just had too. Well it looked like I could make it appeared to be hard. Haha boy was I wrong it was sloopy. I would have made it if it weren't for stock bald tires. I sunk my whole front left tire and half of my frame. This all started around 10:45 pm, during this time 6 different trucks tried pulling me out. They were all midsize trucks like jeeps, toyotas, nissans. So around 3ish they all took out. Well I spent the night in my truck. Around 5 I woke up and got to take a look at the damage since it was daylight. Now around 9 or so I hear some 4 wheelers go by they stop and went and got his truck. No go on that one, but he knew somebody that could pull me out. In about 30mins or so this 85 chevy with 44s lockers 454 the works. Comes and has to snacth me 6 times to break me loose. Well aroudn 10:00 am I was free and drove home. I didn't break a thing but did dent my tailgate from a tow strap hook.

Not the best pictures but you get the idea.
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by 03fx4F150; 03-22-2006 at 07:11 PM.
Old 03-22-2006, 07:16 PM
Sweet... Looks like you were stuck pretty bad... Thinking about some mud-terrains?...

Old 03-22-2006, 07:43 PM
If you go through a lot of stuff like that, I'd recommend a lift as well. no matter what tires are on your truck in that situation, with half your frame buried, you ain't getting out...
However, I highly recommend Toyo Open Country AT's if you want an AT of Nitto Mud Grapplers if you're looking for a MT.

I own the Toyo OC AT's, and have never had a problem unless it was deeply rutted like were you were. Only clearance and taller tires help in ruts, brother.

Editied to add: That looks enough like my truck that I actually had to look twice.

Old 03-22-2006, 07:50 PM
When you cant move because you are completely bottomed out and your front bumper is touching the ground, I dont think its an issue with the tires. Did you drive right into the ruts?

Those look like wranglers. Yeah... They suck. I had them on my 97

Old 03-22-2006, 08:08 PM
Are those wheels off of an older model truck? Id think your truck would have FX4 wheels.

Old 03-22-2006, 08:14 PM
Well I am getting the cooper sst 35s sometime next week I think. Know with the lift I will be getting the sametime as the tires the lift will be the fabtech 6'. Well I was trying to split the ruts and just kind of slide into them. As for the rims it was fleet truck and i guess they took the fx4 rims off and put those fugly wheels on. I had fun just to bad a chevy pulled me out.

Old 03-22-2006, 08:41 PM
You going to be putting new wheels on also?

Old 03-23-2006, 01:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really enjoy pulling people out, I wish I had a shot at that with my 6k lb **** I really love doing something with my truck nobody else can (don't we all). I'm sure I would have struggled but 6,000 lbs is good for something.

Invest in a leveling kit like this, I just brought it home today

Old 03-23-2006, 12:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Aaah, so much to say, but I'll be nice....

Looks like fun! (I hate mud on my truck, but I'm happy to enjoy it on YOUR truck. )

Is that to strap tied to the front tow loop?? Bet that was fun to remove....

OK, I have to comment on this one.... you think the tow hook left a mark when it broke? I've seen the damage that a trailer ball can do. Please, never, ever, EVER use a tow strap on a trailer ball. They make really good projectiles.

Tires probably wouldn't have helped that much, unless they stopped you from sliding into the ruts in the first place. Once you lay frame in the mud, it's all over. Another pickup truck with a good strap pulling from the rear should have been able to drag you right out of there, no problem.

-Joe

Old 03-23-2006, 12:50 PM
kickin blue yes I will be purchasing some wheels, I still haven't picked one I like. Josiah- Unless you have a those front wheels locked I do not think you would have pulled me out. That beast of a chevy was slipping all over the place. ( Dang those open diffs) Well GIjoe I have yet to get all of the mud off, I am very picky I go and crawl under the truck and get every little bit off. I should have it all off tommorrow, I had to stop today because I have work here in a bit. Yes the strap is tied on the front hook and yes that mark on my tailgate is from a towhook. I am going to a body shop to get it out sometime soon. Well tires may have done something but a locker or lsd in the front would have done wonders. I would chat some more but I have to go to work to make that cheese for a lift and tires.

Old 03-23-2006, 12:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 03fx4F150
kickin blue yes I will be purchasing some wheels, I still haven't picked one I like. Josiah- Unless you have a those front wheels locked I do not think you would have pulled me out. That beast of a chevy was slipping all over the place. ( Dang those open diffs) Well GIjoe I have yet to get all of the mud off, I am very picky I go and crawl under the truck and get every little bit off. I should have it all off tommorrow, I had to stop today because I have work here in a bit. Yes the strap is tied on the front hook and yes that mark on my tailgate is from a towhook. I am going to a body shop to get it out sometime soon. Well tires may have done something but a locker or lsd in the front would have done wonders. I would chat some more but I have to go to work to make that cheese for a lift and tires.
Don't get me wrong, didn't mean to act like an a$$hole, I hate people who make those kind of remarks. I was just saying would have been fun to try (I don't care how bad of a stuck someones in I always try to help). Like I always say, until you pull a stuck gocart out of some slop you aren't chit

Old 03-23-2006, 01:06 PM
Oh I completely understand I didn't mean to come off as a jerk. I just saw how hard that chevy was yanking and he had just about everything under the sun done to it. I was looking at your mods and I just said I had doubts of you pulling me out but hey I suppose we will never know.

Old 03-23-2006, 05:53 PM
I've pulled out some seriously stuck people...

Old 03-24-2006, 09:14 PM
We've been pretty stuck, I know the feeling. Buddy of mine was driving across his land and went to turn around in some "it was dry when I tried turning around" mud. Didn't work too well.......... I put pics in my gallery if yall want to see. Just for reference it is an 1989 Bronco with 36" Swamper TSLs. It took a humongous(sp?) dozer to pull him out. It sat in the mud for 2 or 3 days before the company that had the dozer could come out.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...746&anum=10803

Last edited by 974x4Lariat; 03-24-2006 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:28 PM
no matter how stuck you get there is always sometihng that will get you out, but one time i had a friend that was stuck very similar to that and i only had my front tires on dry ground and my back tires were in mud, well after about 3 hours of jerking, half of that was drinking tho if i was sober i wouldnt have pulled that long and that hard, i finally got him out, it took two straps and a chain between
and i only have 31 inch MT's

Quick Reply: In need of new tires