Will Switch to Posi conflict with Electronic Trac Ctrl?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2001, 10:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Will Switch to Posi conflict with Electronic Trac Ctrl?

Hi,

I am considering having 4:10s replace my 3:55s this week in my 2000 V6; will Posi conflict with my electronic traction control. Its brake modulated to stop the spinning wheel (of course) and I do not want to burn out the brakes, sensors or computer. Do most repuable shops know that this may be a problem and how to circumvent it?

Thanks
Carl

Old 04-28-2001, 12:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You don't say what vehicle you have - I didn't think that electronic traction control was available on Ford trucks.

But, to answer your question: A limited slip prevents speed differental between the wheels through use of mechanical clutches.

Electronic traction control does the same thing by using the brakes and the existing anti-lock circuitry.

Adding a limited slip won't affect the electronic traction control, it will simply reduce the number of times it operates since it will not be required. If anything, it will save wear and tear on your brakes.

Changing to 4.10's won't affect the programming of the traction control, although it might change the speed at which it operates of you don't correct the speedo (most systems cut out at around 30 mph).

Ian

------------------
99 Expedition EB
5.4l, 4x4, 4.10 LS
WMS Tube, Bassani Cat Back Exhaust, Superchip Flipchip

Quick Reply: Will Switch to Posi conflict with Electronic Trac Ctrl?