To boost or not to boost?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 11:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To boost or not to boost?

Alright everyone,

So I know I am pretty much beating a dead horse with this topic, but here goes.
The Wife and I are expecting our second child, which pretty much means I need to say goodbye to my Charger. (2 car seats in that won't work, especially since I am 6'6") So we are looking at expanding the blue oval family and adding the F150 SCREW. The dilema I am facing is the motors. I am torn between the EB and the 5.0. I really do love the throaty V8 sound, but I love the power in the EB. Our '11 Flex is nuts fast.

So the question to the EB owners in here: Do you miss the v8 tone, or was that superseded by the power of the EB? I have read some issues that people were having with theirs, but do the few out weigh the thousands sold?

I'm not trying to start a war here, just looking for some opinons.

-Ben

Old 05-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If i were looking for a new truck i would go for the ecoboost over the v8. After having a diesel and seeing what turbos can do with little modification. And I like turbo whistle more than a rumble.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by worm5932
If i were looking for a new truck i would go for the ecoboost over the v8. After having a diesel and seeing what turbos can do with little modification. And I like turbo whistle more than a rumble.

Yeah, I've been noticing that. Livernois has tune for it that's just ridiculous Probably wait until the 1st oil change before I do anything to extreme. Then it's time for some AMSOIL, and mods.

TY for your feedback

Old 06-17-2012, 12:12 PM
Do miss the sound of my 4.6 V8 but, the power the Ecoboost has, helps me miss it less !
Sure wish someone would make a dual exhaust for this thing , that didn't have that motor-boat sound !

Old 06-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Originally Posted by RDALEV
Do miss the sound of my 4.6 V8 but, the power the Ecoboost has, helps me miss it less !
Sure wish someone would make a dual exhaust for this thing , that didn't have that motor-boat sound !

Yeah, we ordered it about 3 weeks ago, with the EB engine. I love the sound of my 5.7 with Flowmasters...but eff me! The drone at 80 is terrible. Manageable if I am by myself (stereo is cranked anyway). But when I have the kids in the car, not so much.

I know what you mean about the exhaust. I love that these companies are getting boat loads of HP/TQ gains, but dude...this ain't a Civic..try to make something a little more manly HAHA. I do like the way the turbo sounds afterward though. Just wish we could have both.

Quick Reply: To boost or not to boost?