4WD Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4WD Problem

I'm having some problems with my 2003 Supercrew 4wd not working correctly. We just got some snow and I wanted to try out the 4wd. I found an open parking lot and started spinning the tires in 2wd to get a feel for the truck. I stopped and turned the 4wd **** to 4hi. The 4x4 dash light came on, but the front axle never engaged. I tied this about 4 more times with the same result. I then put the truck in neutral and turned it to 4LO. Both the 4x4 and 4x4 low lights came on the dash, but the front tires still don't engage. I then shut the truck off for a minute or so and tried 4hi again. This time the 4x4 dash light came on and the front axle engaged. After that I turned it back to 2wd, spun the tires, stopped, then went back to 4hi.....once again, no front assist.

I then took the truck back to the garage to check under the truck. I tried tapping on the transfer case shift motor and I also took off the plastic cover and lubed up the vacuum slider pin on the front differential. I went back out and still no front assist.

I'm looking for other ideas, please help me!!

Old 12-21-2010, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I somehow missed this thread in my search, so I just posted almost the exact same thing for the same kind of truck! Anyway, I hope that between the two threads we get an answer to our problem!!

Quick Reply: 4WD Problem