Battery Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 06:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Battery Problems

Took an F150 out for a test drive and it wouldn't start. Tried 2 battery chargers and finally the dealership jumped it with another vehicle. Once out the tachometer and odometer were not functioning.

The dealer said this is due to the low battery power and the odo. and tach. would start working once a new battery was installed.

Has anyone heard of this before or is the dealer full of it?

Old 03-20-2009, 09:38 AM
Never heard of this, after its jumped it shoudl start chargeing from the altinator. What was the voltage on the batter, you can take it to auto zone and i think they do a free batter check and can tell you if its good or not, but ive never heard of the tach or odo not working.

Also if this was a truck on a dealer ship lot they should have replaced the batter then, if it was me and thats what i found on the lot i wouldnt buy it. ide get a car fax report to see if there was any other issues with the truck first.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Yes, the gauges will go crazy with a bad battery. A new battery will fix it. When the gauges start flashing, not working, it is a warning sign, you better get a new battery or get stranded.

Old 03-20-2009, 09:52 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Blue is right the "new" vehicles are not the same as the ones before onboard computers and sensors everwhere. They need a lot of juice to function properly and a new battery will solve your problem.

Old 03-22-2009, 12:55 AM
Thanks

Thanks Guys

If that is the case then this is a great find

Quick Reply: Battery Problems