2005 transfer case problem

Old 03-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 transfer case problem

i started to notice that when i turned left in two wheel drive it felt like there was a vibration in the front end. felt like tires going from dry to wet, and a little rumble in the steering. the mechanic checked all the u joints and ball joints and the diffs but says its the transfer case. when its in 4x4 it really bad. has enyone else had this problem? looking to see what i should do? is there any additives? i just changed the t.c. fluid four months ago please help

Old 03-17-2009, 12:03 AM
I'm having a similar problem on my 02, I'm only getting a vibration in 4x4, but its enough to vibrate the whole truck. I haven't pulled the t-case apart to investigate yet but I suspect its a bearing not spinning freely and cutting into the housing. I've been changing the fluid frequently to nurse it along and each time i do I've been pulling out aluminum filings. I would check your t-case fluid again and look for metals. Just catch a small amount in a cup and you should be able to see if there are any metals in it. I plan on taking mine apart soon but I'm going to be fully prepared to drop in a new t-case because I'm sure its cooked. Sorry I wasn't much help but its something to check for anyway.

Old 03-20-2009, 01:44 PM
hi! ive just send a post, for a similar problem on my 05 f-150, and they said thats my rear differential ,specifically the clutch on for the differential lock,Im suppose to change the pad on it next week

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 transfer case problem